Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

A

asparagusp

Good morning!. Four pre breakfast readings! I woke up at 3.45 am, my upper back being a bit clammy and the reading was 4.1. Fifteen minutes later with a little glucose, 4.5. Fifteen minutes later with more glucose, 4.7 and took even more glucose together with a couple of seeded oatcakes. I didn't take a fourth reading and went back to sleep. I woke up at 9.30 am and took another reading, 6.3 and had my usual breakfast.

I take my Lantus (six units) at 10 pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A predictable 6.0 :) :) :) meter average is 6.3 for past 7 days. Bread and insulin giving me occasional hypos. On my lchf attempt no hypos, just gradual increase as day progressed. Due to too much protein. Hba1c will most likely be about the same in January.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.2 for me today.

Ally - hows your battery? my Codefree start giving erratic readings when its getting low.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.1 for me before breakfast.

Bought some more accurate weighing scales at lunchtime. I am now down by 17kg since beginning of September. Too say i am pleased would be an understatement.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think i have a dodgy few strips in my pot. First test was 15.7 then 19. Changed fingers was 2.6 then 4.8. Left it 5 minutes then was 7.7

Something is not right as the numbers are all over the place.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello folks. 5.8 this morning after 2 days at 6.8 so getting back to normal.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51