Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6 this sunny morning. When I first woke and tested it 6.8. Half and hour later it was 6. Is this usual, the strips the meter?? Any ideas?

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Chrisle68 Your higher fbgs are probably due to liver dump ('Dawn Phemomenon'). Where your liver dumps stored glucose into your bloodstream as you wake because you haven't got enough glucose in your blood or to get you going for the day. It's quite normal and non-diabetics get it too. Some people on here have found that a small protein snack like a few nuts or bit of cheese before you go to bed can prevent it.

Chrisle68

Hi @Chrisle68 Your higher fbgs are probably due to liver dump ('Dawn Phemomenon'). Where your liver dumps stored glucose into your bloodstream as you wake because you haven't got enough glucose in your blood or to get you going for the day. It's quite normal and non-diabetics get it too. Some people on here have found that a small protein snack like a few nuts or bit of cheese before you go to bed can prevent it.
Cool Thank you

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51
A

asparagusp

For the second morning in a row I woke up with a clammy back but this time two hours later, around 6am old time, and took two readings, 6.2 and 6.1, so not a hypo. Three hours later, 7.5 and breakfast.

Is that increase Dawn Phenomenon again?

PS I'm very upset by the new Italian earthquake. I adore the country.