Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning - as usual slightly raised since I had about 5 hours sleep last night (no surprise for a Sunday night/Monday morning). However, good news - went to the docs this am for the results of my HBAC1 test on Thursday. Result? - 50 - a definite improvement from 74 last time (and time of diagnosis - 104! - ouch). Doctor chuffed with me - not to mention the 2 stone weight loss - so a good start to the week. Now all I need is for the boss to be in a good mood today (not holding my breathe on that one!).

Now to get my test under 48 (and ideally under 42) - my next goal.

Fabulous results!! Congratulations, your hard work is paying off well done.:happy:

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 7.2 at 0800 today.
I tested on other hand and it was 7.3. I don't know why it's higher than usual as I had salmon and cauli rice last night. I'll put it down to Dawn Phenomenon.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.0 this morning

Reactions: Tim55

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.5 for me today

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
o_O 3.9 this morning - a bit lower than I would like but then dinner was night was 5 beef sausages (I was busy sewing so I forgot about eating something else). Have to remember to have some more carbs. Wasn't shaky but it just shows what a difference what you eat makes on your BS in the morning.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
8.8 early this morning after med and walk to shop and back down to 5 but three weeks in to this cold virus not shifted yet. Figures have been constant higher than happy with.

panda691

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been on insulin( humalin M3) twice a day and thereon once a week for just over two weeks now and my f asting bloods are still 17 but I'm seeing my DSN weekly at moment try to get the insulin to the right level hopefully within the next month would be good

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on insulin( humalin M3) twice a day and thereon once a week for just over two weeks now and my f asting bloods are still 17 but I'm seeing my DSN weekly at moment try to get the insulin to the right level hopefully within the next month would be good
You'll get there. Welcome, keep posting and reading:)