Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
From the sublime to the ridiculous - 5.9 this morning!

Reactions: callyandy and Tim55

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.6 for me today

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.9 this morning and still not understanding how eating white bread for breakfasts during my vacation has kind of lowered by fbs. It probably will climb up again but so far so good.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A not surprising 9.2. They have been uncontrolled for a few days now. I stopped metformin due to illness and the knock on effect is higher than I thought it would be. Metformin is definitely a winner for me and my hormonal problems.
Cannot resume til after scans! Not keen on incresing insulin but may have to to keep these glucose particles damaging my arteries. Once the damage is done, it cannot be reversed.

ickihun, just a thought. Did you stop the Metformin temporarily on doctor's advice?

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
12/12 First time I've test since 2/12 (forgot to take my tester), up to 7.1 this morning after a previous run of 6's.

Ten days of eating out at Marlborough wineries and testing their wares has not helped but had a great family time and weight only up by 1kg, or am I deluded. See what tomorrow brings.

Hope to be back on track by the end of the week.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
12/12 - Morning.

19.6 - Back on Liquid Morphine every 2 hours, up all night in pain.

Reactions: Jogreen21 and Tim55

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.5 :banghead: guess still a lay over from Saturday's family Christmas lunch - also still got stinking cold and no exercise for nearly a week. So boiled eggs and a strict LCHF day ahead. Might try to swim tonight too.

@Liam1955 sorry you've been in so much pain, disrupted sleep is awful - hope things will improve for you soon #hugs