Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, 5.9 this morning happy with this as down from yesterday, thought it would be higher as think I am coming down with yet another cold.:yuck:

Reactions: 15 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Improved FBG of 6.6; chest feeling better with lots of ibuprofen; GP confirmed that it's a virus and not bronchitis after all :)

Reactions: 18 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

No internet yesterday - possibly as a result of the heavy snow so unable to post.

Yesterday was 5.4, but today it was up a bit to 5.8.

On the plus side, most of the nasty white stuff has now gone....

Reactions: 29 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Cold finally improving

18.2 at 10am and that's been the best this week

Reactions: 25 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
You look after yourself. Keep cosy. It sounds like you have Insulin resistance as well as type 1.
Low carbs helps me a great deal. I take nearly half the insulin when I'm stricked.
Would you consider trying it when your feeling more yourself?
It is different but does wonders for your bgs and confidence.
Anyway, get rid of this nasty cold/flu and enjoy your course. It should enlighten us. Vicky
I recently started low carbing and saw my sugars steadily improve I had averaged 9.8 for 7 days prior to getting the lergy and was delighted as previously I had been well into the 20's on average

Probably zoomed back up due to infection but had my lowest fasting of the week this morning so hopefully the corner has been turned

Reactions: 14 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Mine was 9.2 today... strange that it stays lower during the whole day but tends to rise after 10-12 hours fast.
sounds like your liver is pretty active after a longish period with no food - not really unusual though a wee bit high.

Reactions: 13 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I would love to know why I get 9.5 on a fasting. Ac1 test said not diabetic at 40mml's..and have readings of 9+ to11.5 in the daytime post meals ..had a day without carbs two days ago pre meals 5+ post highest 7.2 I don't know whether I am coming or going !

Are your post meal readings 2-3 hours after/ Anything up to 1.5 hours past meal will probably still show the spike from carbs etc...and only settle closer to pre-meal after that. Clearly the readings without carbs tells you that seriously reducing carbs is the way to go. As of the high morning readings, research "liver dump" and "dawn phenomenon" and don't worry...this will also come down in time the less carbs you consume.

Reactions: 11 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
6 point bleedin 2 this am. Looks like Frankie and the five-pointers are late for work again. They really can be so unreliable!

Reactions: 21 people

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are your post meal readings 2-3 hours after/ Anything up to 1.5 hours past meal will probably still show the spike from carbs etc...and only settle closer to pre-meal after that. Clearly the readings without carbs tells you that seriously reducing carbs is the way to go. As of the high morning readings, research "liver dump" and "dawn phenomenon" and don't worry...this will also come down in time the less carbs you consume.
Thank you Pleinster

Reactions: 16 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Morning All

Reactions: 23 people