Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I fervently hope you don't have to start on insulin. I am on novorapid 3-4 times a day, lantus for overnight. Bolus injections from time to time, and still I have highs. The hypos are the worst!
That must be very difficult, life altering. Please look to the future.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon everyone

Saw a 4.1 this morning, and that was on my NHS supplied, normally higher reading meter.

Codefree made it 5.1, but I'm happy with either.

Had to fly off the Bradford before posting this morning for a pre-surgery assessment, including a session on an exercise bike while wired and piped up to God knows what machine.....
It seems though that I am quite a bit fitter than I thought I was!
Golly, great numbers and a budding Chris Hoy!!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @callyandy, sounds mushy but I have the best wife in the world (with all due respect to other great partners), she has supported me mentally, educationally and nutritionally. With my initial stratospheric numbers I have been lucky so far and blessed - HbA1c on Monday.
Mushy is good. I'm lucky and in the same boat. Andy has been brilliant. Gosh that does help.:) Your numbers are obviously a team effort;) Good luck for Monday, I'm sure the result will be the envy of us all.