Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
5.5 this morning - would have been worse since I had a very chocolaty pot of ice cream at the theatre last night, so had some ACG before bed to combat its effects. Thoroughly Modern Millie in Manchester was amazing!

anitamo

I am amazed that my reading this morning was 5.9 this is after following fasting for at least twelve hours overnight and a low carb diet. When I started on the 22nd March my morning count was 13.7 and it has slowly come down since then. I am actually looking forward to going back to see the nurse at the hospital at the end of next month.

paula121s

Late morning all from me ️! 7.9 after a fasting day. Off up't norff today to see house my daughters buying. V proud of myself as too early start for breakfast. When we stopped at services and hunting around for something low carb, my hubby said why don't you forget about it for the day!! I then spotted the boiled eggs

paula121s

Late morning all from me ️! 7.9 after a fasting day. Off up't norff today to see house my daughters buying a house! V proud of myself as too early start for breakfast. When we stopped at services and hunting around for something low carb, my hubby said why don't you forget about it for the day!! I then spotted the boiled eggs

Reactions: callyandy

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 15.4 I'm type 2 any advice would be great can't stop falling asleep lately.
@daisy1 will reply to you giving links to loads of great reading material. My advice when I was a newbie last year was "read, read, read" Oh and test! Knowledge is power. Find what works and doesn't work for you food and carb wise. We are all different, and have our unique road to follow. Good luck to you

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am amazed that my reading this morning was 5.9 this is after following fasting for at least twelve hours overnight and a low carb diet. When I started on the 22nd March my morning count was 13.7 and it has slowly come down since then. I am actually looking forward to going back to see the nurse at the hospital at the end of next month.
:)Well done!