Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

budgend1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you rang diabetes clinic ? I know they will respond differently
I have spoken to the diabetic nurse, who had seen my report to the surgery and she was worried and told me to make either an appointment to see the doctor or have a phone conversation with a doctor that day. Thus to phone call from the doctor and his comments. I have since made an appointment to see another doctor at the surgery, but not until 28th July. Hopefully better luck this time.

barriebanana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have spoken to the diabetic nurse, who had seen my report to the surgery and she was worried and told me to make either an appointment to see the doctor or have a phone conversation with a doctor that day. Thus to phone call from the doctor and his comments. I have since made an appointment to see another doctor at the surgery, but not until 28th July. Hopefully better luck this time.

Hope you have better luck this time
Take care
barriebanana

Reactions: callyandy

budgend1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. sorry to hear about your wife's heart attack. I hope things ease and that she recovers as best as she can. The stress will definitely contribute to your blood sugar as I'm sure you know..and such simplistic advice from a doctor won't help that, eh? Just wondering how your readings are generally and if you are on a low carb diet and/or meds. Take care of yourself too.
My reading for type 2 has always been on the high side and my hba1c shot up from 51 to 62 in late June 2017and my Glicazide was increased from 120 in the morning & 80 in the evening to 120 mornings & evening, I am also on the max. for metformin.

My reading since my wife went into hospital has been early mornings 14.3-16.8, lunch time 13-21.8, before evening meal 8.5-15.4 and bed time 10.9-15.5. Before my wife's the heart attack the reading s 3/4 points lower of the minimum at every read. I try to be careful with what I eat.

Diabetes does run in the family my grandmother was diagnosed with it in 1957 and lived with it for 24 years through injections, my mother had it and was controlled with tablets and my younger brother was diagnosed with it and was type 1 diabetic. .So there is a family history of diabetes in the family.

A different doctor on Friday may look at things differently.

Reactions: callyandy

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning - very wet here so went for a swim instead of a walk before breakfast.

Saw Dr yesterday about the tablets I am taking for anxiety - seeing as I had to postpone my diabetic review last week (Ofsted!) I asked her for my HbA1c result from my blood test two weeks ago. It was 39 (5.7 in old money) - very very happy with that!
Well done you. Fab result.:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My reading for type 2 has always been on the high side and my hba1c shot up from 51 to 62 in late June 2017and my Glicazide was increased from 120 in the morning & 80 in the evening to 120 mornings & evening, I am also on the max. for metformin.

My reading since my wife went into hospital has been early mornings 14.3-16.8, lunch time 13-21.8, before evening meal 8.5-15.4 and bed time 10.9-15.5. Before my wife's the heart attack the reading s 3/4 points lower of the minimum at every read. I try to be careful with what I eat.

Diabetes does run in the family my grandmother was diagnosed with it in 1957 and lived with it for 24 years through injections, my mother had it and was controlled with tablets and my younger brother was diagnosed with it and was type 1 diabetic. .So there is a family history of diabetes in the family.

A different doctor on Friday may look at things differently.
Good luck honey. Keep us posted.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning even after a somewhat unpleasant night and waking up with blood on the bedding from one of the bruises on my arm deciding to bleed in the night. Stings like mad I hate prednisolone.
:( Ow, sorry to hear you're suffering. Gentle hugs to you. xx