Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

4.9 this morning and that after eating 5 homemade wholewheat parathas with a homemade prawn curry last night. I've had lots of spikes from shop purchased so called wholewheat chappatis, parathas and nans but I bought a large sack of the real stuff and make my own. It's a big difference: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2009/04/ ... flat-bread

LittleWolf

My HbA1c is 5.4%

My doctor says I am not diabetic.

I have dinner at around 7, at 3 am today BG was 8.6. I continued to fast until noon and it went down to 5.7

My readings are usually 5.6-7 but I've seen numbers everywhere.

On two occasions I had pizza at night, went to bed at 12.6 (6months ago) and 11.4 (3 weeks ago) then woke up roughly 8 hours later at 9.6 (6 months) and 14.3 (most recent)

The highest fasting I've ever had was 19.4 after a hypo the previous night. I'm getting a bit desperate with these erratic readings and because my BG is so crazy, it's hard to convince my GP that it isnt just ME that's crazy. At least I can show him that plenty of unmedicated diabetics can and do test lower than 7 and lower than me.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts

fasting 6.0, two hours after breakfast 5.2

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts

LittleWolf said:
My HbA1c is 5.4%

My doctor says I am not diabetic.

I have dinner at around 7, at 3 am today BG was 8.6. I continued to fast until noon and it went down to 5.7

My readings are usually 5.6-7 but I've seen numbers everywhere.

On two occasions I had pizza at night, went to bed at 12.6 (6months ago) and 11.4 (3 weeks ago) then woke up roughly 8 hours later at 9.6 (6 months) and 14.3 (most recent)

The highest fasting I've ever had was 19.4 after a hypo the previous night. I'm getting a bit desperate with these erratic readings and because my BG is so crazy, it's hard to convince my GP that it isnt just ME that's crazy. At least I can show him that plenty of unmedicated diabetics can and do test lower than 7 and lower than me.

Don't eat pizza?

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

5.5 then ate granola for breakfast 2hrs later 10.1 oh dear

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

Frosty66 said:
5.5 then ate granola for breakfast 2hrs later 10.1 oh dear

theres a lesson there :) sorry if you like granola :(

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

Your right there andy knock it on the head. Not worried i tried it for a change. Use to eat cereal every day so that certainly does pin point a problem for me with breakfast cereals
Eggs tomorrow with but of salmon

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

yes many of us cant tolerate cereals, that was hard to take because I loved Weetabix, so much I sometimes ate them for evening meals too hehe, oh well thank god for yogurt :)

LittleWolf

Oddly, weetabix and shredded wheat are worse than granola for me producing levels in the teens.

I ate two pizzas in six months... It's not unreasonable for someone told they don't need low carb. I try, but it's hard at home where my dad decides everything and thinks if I don't want bread/chips that I'm returning to my anorexic tendencies. I even leave home for weeks at a time so I can cook my own food at friend's houses but I'm not allowed to move out for family reasons

It's not just pizza either. Sorry but it's hard for a skinny, active ex anorexic to unlearn being food-positive after all that YOU NEED CARBS indoctrination and being force fed pizza. Sorry for ranting again.

Anyway today was 5.7 and 10.2 after breakfast.

Netty70

LittleWolf said:
Oddly, weetabix and shredded wheat are worse than granola for me producing levels in the teens.

I ate two pizzas in six months... It's not unreasonable for someone told they don't need low carb. I try, but it's hard at home where my dad decides everything and thinks if I don't want bread/chips that I'm returning to my anorexic tendencies. I even leave home for weeks at a time so I can cook my own food at friend's houses but I'm not allowed to move out for family reasons

It's not just pizza either. Sorry but it's hard for a skinny, active ex anorexic to unlearn being food-positive after all that YOU NEED CARBS indoctrination and being force fed pizza. Sorry for ranting again.

Anyway today was 5.7 and 10.2 after breakfast.

We're all so different
Weetabix send me low scary low
Shredded wheat love me lol

willow67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people,nasty habits,people who don't clean up after their dogs !
flies,wasps……the list is endless….oh and being tired…

hello there
i'm only three days into Type 2....this morning mine was 8.9

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

willow67 said:
hello there

That was typical for me 8 months ago. This morning I was 4.2, the lowest in my current series in the 4s and 5s. Be careful with the carbs that you eat and be a bit more active and that 8.9 will become a 7.9 and a 6.9 in turn and so on.

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

Just taken again after lunch 5.8 so this does pin point cereal the cheese at lunctime and fruit where fine. Now lets see what happens with the salmon poached with runner beans from my garden. Plus jelly for pudding

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

8.6 early -just had yoghurt and strawberries foe breakfast. Now going to do abit of house work and take again at eleven oclock and see how it is. Feel ok just a little heady this morning

willow67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Yorksman said:
willow67 said:
hello there

That was typical for me 8 months ago. This morning I was 4.2, the lowest in my current series in the 4s and 5s. Be careful with the carbs that you eat and be a bit more active and that 8.9 will become a 7.9 and a 6.9 in turn and so on.

this morning 8.8 :mrgreen: slowly slowly catchy monkey ?

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

Right i had my breakfast 2hrs ago just tsken 2nd reading 6.8 so down from first reading so yohart is ok for me

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

willow67 said:

I was 5.0 this morning and I'll probably be mid 5s tomorrow. There is a lot of variation so you look for a general trend. Individual readings are less important for this aspect. Where individual readings are important is for testing the effects of certain foods.

For most type 2 diabetics, but not all, a slow patient approach, taking care with what one eats and trying to be more active works very well. Slowly losing weight too helps and, once lost this way, is more likely to stay off. Whatever you are doing, just keep it up and look to see where you can improve. In most people's diets, there are usually 'forbidden fruits' as it were.

willow67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Yorksman said:
willow67 said:

I was 5.0 this morning and I'll probably be mid 5s tomorrow. There is a lot of variation so you look for a general trend. Individual readings are less important for this aspect. Where individual readings are important is for testing the effects of certain foods.

For most type 2 diabetics, but not all, a slow patient approach, taking care with what one eats and trying to be more active works very well. Slowly losing weight too helps and, once lost this way, is more likely to stay off. Whatever you are doing, just keep it up and look to see where you can improve. In most people's diets, there are usually 'forbidden fruits' as it were.

will cut out the whole meal bread tomorrow,as i don't see anything else i have eaten to push it up. :)

lynhow

My level in the morning is usually between 8 and 9 yet lower the rest of the day (between 6-8). I have been taking readings last thing at night and the reading is always higher in the morning. Don't fully understand why - can anyone explain? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.