Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to bed on 6.6 after a late roast dinner with naughty veg (2 roast spuds, peas, carrots, cauliflower and lamb)

5.8 this morning.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 for me this morning.

I was 3.7 before a long, leisurely dinner with friends last night. The starter and main were pretty decent carb-wise, and moderately low fat, as our host moderates fat due to heart issues. I passed on dessert, but didn't let the vino pass me by. Three delicious glasses of Argentinian Malbec sent me off to bed fed, watered and happy. No postprandial test as we were at the table almost 5 hours, and I didn't feel the need after what I had consumed.

Reactions: 3 people

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
3.8 for me this morning.

I was 3.7 before a long, leisurely dinner with friends last night. The starter and main were pretty decent carb-wise, and moderately low fat, as our host moderates fat due to heart issues. I passed on dessert, but didn't let the vino pass me by. Three delicious glasses of Argentinian Malbec sent me off to bed fed, watered and happy. No postprandial test as we were at the table almost 5 hours, and I didn't feel the need after what I had consumed.

These are seriously impressive readings! Well done @AndBreathe!

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 fasting. 6.7 post meal. Been for a swim, see what my levels ate like later. I cannot really complain. I have had two naught days.
Saturday I had a small homemade Victoria sponge cake Mmmm and plain scone with cornish clotted cream topped with fresh strawberries, on going to bed it was 6.5 and fasting. Sunday it was just as sort of bad, crisps, dark magnum, I did have plain chicken and mackerel in tomatoes sauce, fresh strawberries and creme fraise.
I hope I have not done too much damage to my Hba1c test on the 8th.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These are seriously impressive readings! Well done @AndBreathe!
I rarely leave the 3.5 - 4.5 tramlines these days. My OH calls it flat-lining. These days I have a few additional carbs, but I haven't over done anything, or had a dessert or chocolate (of any %) for months. I'm just not bothered by it. Where I have increased carbs, it has been to make my OH's life a bit easier, by re-introducing some household favourites from time to time, and to make eating out simpler/more normalised.

I have to repeat that I seem to have had a relatively easy time of it, so far.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I rarely leave the 3.5 - 4.5 tramlines these days. My OH calls it flat-lining. These days I have a few additional carbs, but I haven't over done anything, or had a dessert or chocolate (of any %) for months. I'm just not bothered by it. Where I have increased carbs, it has been to make my OH's life a bit easier, by re-introducing some household favourites from time to time, and to make eating out simpler/more normalised.

I have to repeat that I seem to have had a relatively easy time of it, so far.

Gosh your numbers are lower than non diabetic range. My OH who is not diabetic, his is 5.5 random.

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6, went to a yoga class, then a hill walk, tested before lunch 8.1!!! What on earth happened? Any ideas?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6, went to a yoga class, then a hill walk, tested before lunch 8.1!!! What on earth happened? Any ideas?

Liver dump because your exercise meant your body needed glucose which wasn't there from food, so your liver compensated and provided a lot. What did you eat before your yoga class and hill walk?

Similar happened to me this morning. I had yogurt and berries for breakfast so not many carbs. Then a walk, then rest of morning spring cleaning a room. My pre-lunch reading was well up on normal. Lesson learnt - no more cleaning!

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya bluetit, I had two eggs fried in olive oil. Thanks for your feedback, it was a shock as it had risen so much. I'm not eating a lot at all, maybe I need to eat some more. What should I have done to stop the high rise?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps a few carbs added to your breakfast might have helped. If exercising like a hill walk your muscles need glucose. I'm definitely NO expert on exercise so am probably talking rubbish.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2 this morning, my normal preprandials seem to have stuck in the low 6s as well which is a bit worrying after I was used to them in the low 5s or even high 4s. Liver seems to have a life of its own.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 at 6;45AM then rose to 7.1 at 12noon. Quite a lot of stress today as I think our jobs are on the line so not dropping much either.

I agree with the exercise thing, it's another balancing act. If I want to bring my levels down I now go for a one mile walk, bit of an uphill so get a little puffed, but ok. Levels plummet down. Yesterday I even managed to break into a run on the flats, first time in years, really puffing. bg didn't drop anywhere near as sharply or as much.

Best approach then is the walk as the jog really made my legs hurt today - joints. Well 17.5 stone is a lot of pressure on my joints I guess. But secretly very pleased with myself as I could never have thought I could do that 8 weeks ago. I do "feel" much better since starting lchf diet.

I'm upping the metformin slowly as well, now on 3 tabs a day hich is where it should start kicking in. A bit runny this morning!!, but okay apart from that.

Also seriously starting to think that my Beck's Blue non alcoholic beer is having an effect on my airways re cough. I hadn't touched a drop for about three days and felt clear, had to bottles last night and can feel the irritation in my airways. (Hops are supposed to be good for you as well). It may just be a coincidence and I couldn't find anything on the net, but I shall keep experimenting. (It is a great coincidence perhaps that my cough started at the same time I came off booze and started on the NABeer, and I never put the two together till the other day.)

Also sorry about rambling on :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning, my normal preprandials seem to have stuck in the low 6s as well which is a bit worrying after I was used to them in the low 5s or even high 4s. Liver seems to have a life of its own.

Is your meter playing up? Or has something in your day changed? Strange that your trend is going in the wrong direction if nothing has changed.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Not sure really - maybe it's the weather, maybe more exercising, but food hasn't really changed.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 at 6.30 this morning, hoping it would have been lower. I had my tea late, could not have been helped on a Monday, unless it is around 16.30.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't eat until 9pm! Busy day. My walk had to wait until 11 pm :-(. Not enough hours in the day.

5.5 at midnight
5.3 at 05:50. When I ate walnuts and green olives
Breakfast will be around 7:30, when I get to work.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.