Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 on waking this morning :joyful: my lowest fasting so far in my lchf journey that began 16 weeks ago today.......doing a gentle cautious dance to celebrate - would be a full-time jig if my back would allow it!! ( Bedtime last night was 4.8)

It's ok I did the jig on your behalf

Reactions: 2 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 fasting Slept at 03:00
Complete change of routine this weekend. BG does not like too much changes to normal routine???

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Something odd is happening to me. Right at the start of my testing career I used to get liver dumps of about half a mmol/l to 1mmol/l consistently. Then my fasting level came down suddenly and the liver dumps disappeared. I have been more or less flat overnight since then ..... until recently. My bedtime level is trending downwards :) but my fasting level is trending upwards :mad: so I am getting liver dumps again. The odd time I test during the night after bathroom visits indicates the liver dump is happening during the night rather than early morning. Nothing has changed in my routine and I sleep well. Confused :confused:

Bedtime 5.1
This morning 5.8

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Are you coming down with anything? You've just been on holiday and I find that changes in location can have significant effects, up or down, lasting for several days after the change. I'm still going through a 'high' phase - 6.1 this morning after 5.1 pre-dinner and 6.5 at +2 (didn't do bedtime), so many variables!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Something odd is happening to me. Right at the start of my testing career I used to get liver dumps of about half a mmol/l to 1mmol/l consistently. Then my fasting level came down suddenly and the liver dumps disappeared. I have been more or less flat overnight since then ..... until recently. My bedtime level is trending downwards :) but my fasting level is trending upwards :mad: so I am getting liver dumps again. The odd time I test during the night after bathroom visits indicates the liver dump is happening during the night rather than early morning. Nothing has changed in my routine and I sleep well. Confused :confused:

Bedtime 5.1
This morning 5.8

Bluetit - Since I came home, I have done a couple of hourly, overnight set of testing as I just "knew" I have night dumps somewhere along the way. I've also done a fair bit of random mid night tests when nipping to the loo. Actually, I have concluded that it's a bit inconsistent for me, but I have found that around 03:00 I am very low 3s, and getting up a bit up on that. Could you do an hourly overnight one night? I used my phone to set the hourly alarms in advance, so there's nothing to do half asleep. I also just do the test, and catch up on updating my records in the morning when I review the overall results anyway.

I have been quietly experimenting with a few berries, with cream mid evening, and the dumps seem less severe and my morning levels are probably down a bit (although I also think I have had a box of lower recording strips, just to add to the mix!)

The puzzle continues to mutate. Irritating eh?

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 for me today. That's in my range, so happy enough.

Today I will be doing a bit more sewing - I've started, so I'll finish it(!). Paper patterns? Yuk. No wonder I mainly work from architectural drawings and create my patterns on the fabric. It's all so delicate, and maybe I'm not!?

And then, I have to go collect some shoes I had to order. My feet have actually dropped half a size along this journey, bringing me down to a 36, which means there's a bit less variety in the shops. Not to worry. That's life.

Play nicely boys and girls.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you coming down with anything? You've just been on holiday and I find that changes in location can have significant effects, up or down, lasting for several days after the change. I'm still going through a 'high' phase - 6.1 this morning after 5.1 pre-dinner and 6.5 at +2 (didn't do bedtime), so many variables!

I am having an ear problem at the moment - not an infection, just too much wax and having to use olive oil, otherwise feeling fine, although on reflection it could be a bit of unconscious stress as I have a routine oncology review tomorrow that is on my mind. In fact, that could be the reason - my heart is racing now just thinking about it!

Your body has been put through the mill with your holiday, then having to dash back for the flight to Australia, jet lag, worry about your HbA1c results, plus plenty of work stress. It's a wonder you aren't even higher!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I am thinking of doing some extra overnight tests. The odd ones I've done indicate levels have risen around 1am to 2am after being in bed asleep from 11-30pm, evening meal starts about 7pm. Very irritating!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. I don't get caught up on my morning readings as often at say 6.3, they'll be the highest readings I see all day. So many variables seem to come into play and a lot of them are not so easily in our control so despite being a worrier by nature, this is one thing I've managed to decide not to sweat,
Good luck at the review @Bluetit1802

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
5.8 this morning. I don't get caught up on my morning readings as often at say 6.3, they'll be the highest readings I see all day. So many variables seem to come into play and a lot of them are not so easily in our control so despite being a worrier by nature, this is one thing I've managed to decide not to sweat,
Good luck at the review @Bluetit1802

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
5.8 fasting and now it's 8.0.

airsair

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really don't understand all these number differences. What should i be aiming for . I have a meter now even though i was told not to get one . I tested when i woke 8.7 and before dinner tonight i was 6.4 which is the lowest i have been . Should i be 3?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
4.4 this morning. That leads me to a question boys and girls :) What is too low and is 4.4 fair reasonable or good?

Decided to add my mug shot !! Thanks Mike.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really don't understand all these number differences. What should i be aiming for . I have a meter now even though i was told not to get one . I tested when i woke 8.7 and before dinner tonight i was 6.4 which is the lowest i have been . Should i be 3?

4.4 this morning. That leads me to a question boys and girls :) What is too low and is 4.4 fair reasonable or good?

Decided to add my mug shot !! Thanks Mike.

These are the NICE guidance targets used by the NHS

Non diabetic before meals 4 to 5.9, after 2 hours under 7.8
Type 2 before meals 4 to 7, after 2 hours under 8.5.

However, the general feeling is these targets are too generous so many of us aim for under 7.8 at any time after meals and under 6 before meals. Many others aim for less than that. Some people see a lot of 4's, but not many see 3's, and for some people under 4 can make them feel poorly.
Apparently, our lowest readings are normally before our main evening meal, and our morning fasting is the most stubborn one to control.

It is best to set your own targets, and not a wise idea to compare your readings with others. We are all at different stages of controlling this disease, we all have different metabolisms, and some have different types of medication whilst others have no meds at all.

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
These are the NICE guidance targets used by the NHS

Non diabetic before meals 4 to 5.9, after 2 hours under 7.8
Type 2 before meals 4 to 7, after 2 hours under 8.5.

However, the general feeling is these targets are too generous so many of us aim for under 7.8 at any time after meals and under 6 before meals. Many others aim for less than that. Some people see a lot of 4's, but not many see 3's, and for some people under 4 can make them feel poorly.
Apparently, our lowest readings are normally before our main evening meal, and our morning fasting is the most stubborn one to control.

It is best to set your own targets, and not a wise idea to compare your readings with others. We are all at different stages of controlling this disease, we all have different metabolisms, and some have different types of medication whilst others have no meds at all.

Thanks so much :) appreciate it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.