Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrylizard1314

Day27 ND ( Mon) 4.8 Lovely having visitors. Difficult to exercise. Food, cups of tea and coffee, more food. Slow walks around splendid gardens. Restful, but fizzing with energy.

Reactions: 16 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.4 this am.....bright and sunny outside ,,,Happy Easter Monday everyone :p

Reactions: 20 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning. I had a really good night's sleep but did have a little chocolate yesterday afternoon. One more family bash today and then I can get back on the diet for 9 days and then going to a wedding abroad so will be away for a long weekend. Won't forget to pack my meter this time!

Reactions: 18 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 not had any chocolate yet. Got 5 Easter eggs all dark chocolate and dairy free so they will last till about September October time, saying that me and Dad used some Easter chocolate on a Christmas log last year :)

Reactions: 21 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 am after 6.5 last night.... got a bit of fog round here this morning, hope it burns off quickly... yesterday was a topper.

Reactions: 19 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.1 this morning after a nice low 5.4 bedtime reading.

Reactions: 17 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started walking to lower blood glucose and get my body used to exercise as part of managing my diabetes after diagnosis. After my first follow up HbA1c I wanted to up the exercise and decided to move from brisk / very brisk walking to running. I did the NHS Choices couch to 5K (C25K) - it wasn't without it's challenges but, it was easier than I thought it would be.

I never ever thought I'd become a runner but, when I pulled a calf muscle and had to rest and repair I missed the running big time - which astounded me!

Give the C25K a go - it's a great way to get into running. Also, checkout Parkrun.

You can do it! :)

Thank you for your post, it gives me hope that I can one day reach my dream of being a runner I will have a look at the websites mentioned and plan accordingly. Do you have special running shoes? I have a pair of normal trainers which will do for the walking stage.

I have kept this post to encourge me, plus remind me as sometimes fibromyalgia fog kicks in and I don't remember anything! Sometimes even my name which is embarrassing!

Reactions: 13 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What was I saying about being forgetful? I forgot to post my waking reading.

Today's is 7.5.

I am interested in reading people's comments about higher evening and morning readings as this is the same for me.

Lexa and Hankjam, hope your colds are on the mend.

Looks a lovely day today so hubby and I are going out for a long walk, the first one in months. I think hubby is showing signs of prediabetes at least, so I am trying to encourage him to eat lower carb and exercise with me. He is fine with this although he does enjoy wine gums and potato chipsticks. So weaning him off these. Going to try and get him to visit the nurse for a well man clinic to get his bloods checked but it can be hard to get him to visit the surgery.

Reactions: 20 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up this morning with a headache and a 5.0. No idea what caused either :)

Reactions: 21 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning - probably the strawberries (good) and ice cream (bad) that I had last night!!

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.