Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

ladybird64 said:
Pinched one of darling daughters test strips, 6.2 at 9am. Not too worried about that, I am ill at the moment and taking antibiotics and steroid meds which push up levels (or so I have been told?).

I'm more interested in the results after my roast chicken dinner later on. :)

That's a brilliant reading ladybird given you can't get to test that much well done you :clap:

A

Anonymous

5.8 this morning after I've let things slip a bit over the last few days, so not a disaster. Time to concentrate nkw though.

chew824

5.6 this morning which is one of my better readings so far. But man Easter is tough, especially with 2 young children!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

4.8 today at 08:30.

I'm well pleased, as I haven't been as strict as I could have been. :D

Viv 8)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

What a difference a day makes was 6.2 which was dreadful (for me) yesterday but 4.9 today so hopefully things are back on track.

simply_h

Good Morning all,

I was 5.1mmol this morning.

I am around 5.0 to 6.5mmol in a morning, all depends on the time I test, as not a morning person, so I can never test at the same time.. lol lol.

Have a good day.

Cheers
Simply_h

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Does skipping breakfast raise my fasting blood test?

I take my fasting bs test before my first meal - which means, if i skip breakfast, it is around lunchtime that I take it. I have to buy my strips and am on benefit so I dont test more than 5 times a day.

pickledpepper2

Hi guys it's the original pickledpepper!

I lost my password etc. etc. so I created a new logon.

This morning was weirder than weird!

Last night got a rare case of uncontrollable munchies and ate two pear halves out of a can plus a handful of raisins. A big burst of carbs.

So this morning I was shocked to get 4.7 for a fasting reading which is WAY lower than normal (which is usually in the 6s somewhere - anywhere to from early to late 6s)!

I've noticed lower than normal readings a couple of times when I've had high carbs at night. Any ideas why?

A

Anonymous

pickledpepper2 said:
Hi guys it's the original pickledpepper!

I lost my password etc. etc. so I created a new logon.

This morning was weirder than weird!

Last night got a rare case of uncontrollable munchies and ate two pear halves out of a can plus a handful of raisins. A big burst of carbs.

So this morning I was shocked to get 4.7 for a fasting reading which is WAY lower than normal (which is usually in the 6s somewhere - anywhere to from early to late 6s)!

I've noticed lower than normal readings a couple of times when I've had high carbs at night. Any ideas why?

I'd say it's to do with the dawn phenomenom and somogyi effect.... more likely the somogyi effect mostly though. Your BGL will swing low and then back up. To know whether this is in effect for you try testing between 2-3 am.... if your BGL is really low, it will swing back up causing hyperglycemia or basically a higher BGL reading in the morning because your liver has dumped glucose into your system. My endo has always told me to make sure I go to bed on 7 or higher to get the best reading in the mornings. So basically you start off high and swing low and then come back up.... but I'm thinking that you don't swing as much when your BGL is higher before bed. Sometimes it makes sense for me... other times it doesn't. :lol: like this disease ever makes sense for us all the time... hardly. It's different for everyone too.... just keep testing yourself regularly to figure things out as much as you can. :D

jdm

mine moves between, 4.5 - 5.4 depents what i eat and how late i eat night before.

I think 5.1 reading this morning was the chicken kebab i had for evening meal ( no pitta of course) :)

Arthurk

Had a naughty few days so having to get back on track. So another 'new' start - 6.2. Not bad all things considered.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

4.8 and off to get blood tests done for a new HBA1c and Cholesterol

Mervyn

Hi,

Was 11.8 this morning!!!! Not happy :cry:

Defren

6.3 which is an enormous relief after 8.5 yesterday, my highest ever reading since I began testing.

Good luck with the tests xyzzy. Let us know know how you got on when you get your results.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

6.0 for me which is the highest it has been for months and I have no idea why, so now I'm worrying about it which is probably keeping my levels up :(

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

13.4 :( that was about an hour after waking and doing stuff around...

not good... first goal is to get back to the 10's ..

C

chris lowe

Normally between 6.3 and 7 depending on what I've had the day before. Actually got 4.8 once but I did have omelette and some salad for lunch and salmon and salad for dinner so very few carbs.

Arthurk

Went to bed on 4.2. Woke up on 5.7. Don't you just hate DP?

A

Anonymous

woke up on 5.7 this morning and feeling hypo.... hate that I missed it to treat it.... brain fog to start the day. yay! (not). :(

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

5.3 this morning which is an improvement on yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.