Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defren

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

6.7 this morning - not a happy bunny.

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.

14.7 before breakfast then had 2 slices of white toast (ran out of my burgen bread) then it shot up to 20.9 :shock: just with white bread

A

Anonymous

Great news to everyone with the lowest yet, and :( for the ones who had a high result.

Mine was 5.2 about my normal.

A

Anonymous

4.4 this morning (and I had a 5.7 after my hypo yesterday.... so I guess I didn't overdo the quick acting carbs) :)

Mervyn

8.1 this morning which is certainly a lot better than yesterday :)

Raione

6.1 this morning will i ever get into the 5s

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I had chicken in cheese sauce and pasta last night. I darent test my bs yet :oops:

thetallerpaul

6.5 this morning! I'll get away from them 8's. Eating more seems to be the key before I go to bed. Also exercise rocks. I've always been slim so no need to do it really. Now though if I work hard I can eat a load of good stuff without extra insulin or rocketing BG. Yesterday I had an awesome bagel for breakfast then spent the morning working building a school garden (volunteering not my job I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard for a pro!) and was 4.3 at lunch. Had a massive ciabatta roll and crisps and a COOKIE!, afternoon working on and was 4.8 at 5pm when I needed to drive. I now have a reason to work out. :clap:

Arthurk

5.7 this morning. Actually thought it might have been lower than that as I started on the treadmill again yesterday.
Paul - just a bog-standard T2. Diagnosed 11 years ago with a fasting BS of 24. Had put 10st on prior to diagnosis and have now lost it all again - which is a great help with levels.
Thing is, I know what to do - my problem is, sometimes, doing it!!
I'm not on insulin - the thought of it fills me with dread as I am not sure I could cope with it - so the best of luck with your battle.

thetallerpaul

Arthur,

Hopefully you will not end up there but I can say from my limited experience injecting at least is not too bad at all. Not even as painful as testing your BG.

Best of luck with yours as well even if it is just with your own willpower!

Paul

Defren

6.1 today - much happier.

Mervyn

8.2 this morning...2 days running...this is an improvement :)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

4.8 this morning which was a lovely surprise.

thetallerpaul

7.3 this morning but had been up for an hour or so before testing. No breakfast obviously but does that time awake matter or does the dawn dumping happen regardless of when you get up or start when you start moving?

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

14.2 ....doh cant quite get there since easter but i will get to the 10s again :)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

5.1 again :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

5.4. I have had two really horrible flare ups of my rheumatoid arthritis in the last week, so I am proud it is so low :D

Reactions: 2 people

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

5.2 Ok with that

Arthurk

5.7 today. Went to Morrisons for tea last night and had a very good ham salad. BUT they were seducing the price of their cakes down to 49p. So - as I am back on the treadmill - I bought one. OMG it was divine. Problem later was that my wife makes luxury greetings cards and I do her personalized verses - and I had to spend the rest of the evening on the computer - and never got near the treadmill!! Oh well, I DID enjoy the cake.

emmatree

thetallerpaul said:
7.3 this morning but had been up for an hour or so before testing. No breakfast obviously but does that time awake matter or does the dawn dumping happen regardless of when you get up or start when you start moving?

Obviously everyone is different but the DP is certainly happening to me, for example my reading on rising this morning, literally 5 mins after getting up, was 5.9. An hour later before my breakfast it was 7.3. So my BS is rising by over a point just by getting going in the mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.