Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nooooo!!)!!! Post away! We're all different and we all respond to different things! Some will be motivated and some won't! It wouldn't do for us all to be the same or like the same things. Life would be very boring! You definitely cheer me up!

I'm only suggesting I desist from this thread. Otherwise, where do I get my forum fixes? :)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Scandichic

My bloods during the day are better. I'm happy that they are telling me that LCHF is suiting me. I'm always in the 6.3 - 6.9 range two hours after meals and they are between 6 -8 before bed whereas they used to be up in double figures. I rarely felt ill when they were high - even when they were 13.9 in hospital I felt fine. I used to wake with banging headaches, and was lethargic during the day but have never had dizzineness. Used to wobble a bit when standing up too quickly and I think a few clients may have thought I was tipsy. Not a good look!

I have my breakfast about 2 hours after waking and moving about. I don't snack and rarely eat after 6pm. I take my meds at bedtime (10.30'ish) and again in the morning with breakfast. However, I discovered on another thread last night that metformin is best taken once a day with evening meal and this is confirmed by the leaflet so as from today I shall be taking all 4 tabs with my evening meal (your chicken casserole recipe!!) to see if they work overnight to bring down the fasting bloods. It would make sense, would it not?

@AndBreathe - you have given me some incredibly helpful advice, suggestions and replies, especially on this thread and I would not want to see you disappear from it.

I'm uncomfortable with other posters making us feel guilty just because we are joining in a discussion which is not only relevant to us but beneficial too. Surely no-one has to read every single thread? I never read the T1 threads for example as I can't relate to them and prefer to stay focused only what applies to me and what I believe will help me while I'm still learning about my own T2 and trying to manage it better.

@Scandichic - I'm so positive about LCHF that I'm hoping I won't need the op eventually! I've got the testing kit. What more could I want from the hospital....?:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, OK!....... 4.1 today. :)

Diana - I'm only recycling advice given to me a little while ago.

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hi @Scandichic

My bloods during the day are better. I'm happy that they are telling me that LCHF is suiting me. I'm always in the 6.3 - 6.9 range two hours after meals and they are between 6 -8 before bed whereas they used to be up in double figures. I rarely felt ill when they were high - even when they were 13.9 in hospital I felt fine. I used to wake with banging headaches, and was lethargic during the day but have never had dizzineness. Used to wobble a bit when standing up too quickly and I think a few clients may have thought I was tipsy. Not a good look!

I have my breakfast about 2 hours after waking and moving about. I don't snack and rarely eat after 6pm. I take my meds at bedtime (10.30'ish) and again in the morning with breakfast. However, I discovered on another thread last night that metformin is best taken once a day with evening meal and this is confirmed by the leaflet so as from today I shall be taking all 4 tabs with my evening meal (your chicken casserole recipe!!) to see if they work overnight to bring down the fasting bloods. It would make sense, would it not?

@AndBreathe - you have given me some incredibly helpful advice, suggestions and replies, especially on this thread and I would not want to see you disappear from it.

I'm uncomfortable with other posters making us feel guilty just because we are joining in a discussion which is not only relevant to us but beneficial too. Surely no-one has to read every single thread? I never read the T1 threads for example as I can't relate to them and prefer to stay focused only what applies to me and what I believe will help me while I'm still learning about my own T2 and trying to manage it better.

@Scandichic - I'm so positive about LCHF that I'm hoping I won't need the op eventually! I've got the testing kit. What more could I want from the hospital....?:)
Hope it's ok but what's the op for?
Re metformin, don't think you're meant to take them all together. Supposed to be with food so why not breakfast, lunch and evening meal as well as 1 at bedtime?

rads41

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
9.4 this morning ( which is quite low for me believe it or not)
2 hours after breakfast 10.5!!!!
Not good, plus I'm on insulin so should be much lower.
Am going to start taking readings first thing to make sure it's not the dawn effect thing.
Something not quite right about my 2 hour after breakfast reading, had 2 slices of wholemeal toast with extra light cream cheese. Total carbs = 30g. Units of insulin taken = 13 ( 2:1 ratio plus correction dose and counted the toast as 4 units per slice as that usually covers it)
Also took my long acting insulin!
Do you think that means I should be on higher than a 2:1 ratio?

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take your point, Scandichic, and my DN also said to take at breakfast, lunch and tea, but a quick read of the Glucophage SR directions for use leaflet says: "Normally, you should take the tablets once a day with your evening meal. In some cases your doctor may recommend that you take the tablets twice a day. Always take the tablets with food".

I'm going to give it a try this evening and will report back.......

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A slight drop to 7.3 this morning after taking 4 metformin in one hit with my evening meal last night and no nasty side effects. Happy bunny :)

Reactions: 2 people

rads41

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Dianagrace! I've never tried all my metformin in one go but will consider it now :) I'm at 7 this morning which NEVER happens to me - guess I've been trying harder the last couple of days :)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay well done to you too!

I only took them in one hit for the first time yesterday after reading about it in another thread, so checked the metformin leaflet and was surprised to see the manufacturers recommend taking once a day with evening meal. My daytime readings are ok but I've been stuck on the fasting ones. They are now coming down gradually. There will be fireworks, whistles and klaxons when I reach the magic 5.5!

rads41

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm the same, my day time readings are ok ( not great, but not bad!), its my fasting ones that are crazy. I split my 24 hour insulin so I now take a third of it in the morning and the rest 12 hours later, and it helped a wee bit. I had been doing that for ages though and was a little stuck. Not sure of it was the dawn effect thing with me? I took my sugar as soon as I got up this morning.

5.5 would be awesome! Keep it up!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice progress Diana and rads. Stick with it.

4.0 again for me.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very jealous of you@AndBreathe :) but thank you!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've had a relatively easy time of it, so far, Diana. But, bear with it, the sort of progress you are experiencing is very motivational.

Moomin333

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
With such low readings and on no medication, how many calories a day do you eat. I'd have said with readings like that and no meds that you're not diabetic!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Roughly 2000; which is a tiny bit low. I don't count calories, but do keep a fairly accurate food diary in myfitnesspal which automatically calculates the nutrition and calories of my diet. I am still losing weight very slowly, which I am working to stop, by marginally increasing my fat intake.

At the outset I did see blood scores within the diabetic ranges, so I have to accept the diagnosis, and get on with keeping it in its place; which I consider is in a back seat, not dominating my life.

Emmy-Lou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've recently been diagnosed with diabetes... This morning my blood sugar was 17.9... I've been told this is usual for recently diagnosed and it should come down eventually.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Mine was
I was 4.3 this morning.
stop showing off!!!!!!
image.jpg
This would be my dream level!!!!! X

Status
Not open for further replies.