Type-II Diabetes

Kelly14

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys,I was browsing a website and this Health News titled "Increased Coffee Consumption Linked to Reduced Link of Type-II Diabetes" crossed my eyes.I dont understand why isn't the MRC and our pharmaceutical companies looking in to this innovative and novel research? I'd like to know your views toward this.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
who knows what the future will bring :)

coffee buzz.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think it is the coffee that is the key factor here. If you are drinking coffee, then you are not drinking something else - like sweet sugary drinks.

I've never drank tea or coffee and for many years was getting through 6 litres of sweet fizzy drinks a week.

Reactions: 4 people

Kelly14

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Even if people who drank more coffee did tend to have a lower risk of Type 2, it does not necessarily follow that coffee consumption was directly responsible.

---->>> They forget to mention that if you already have kidney failure due to Diabetes you have to cut down on coffee because of the potassium!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suspect as usual the news is based on very poor research and will ignore it

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
probably the Chlorogenic acid you get in coffee although not that much left in roasted beans. Better to try green coffee bean extract. I read that the Chlorogenic acid affects disgestive hormone release so therefore reduces peaks from carbs. Did think about trying it but never got around to it.

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
I'd like to revert back to a time when we weren't bombarded with all the hype of what is good and bad for us. We are organic beings and therefore will wither and die, I totally believe my "diseases" and illnesses, not to mention my increasing weight gain, despite eating very little, are due to me following the trends of this diet or that diet and none of them working. I look at myself as a machine, and when I got diabetes, I just put it down to my body mechanics not working properly, either by genetics or lifestyle.

I think we all have a responsibility to be as healthy as we can, and look after our "temple", but giving up this and that, trying every diet going over the years and None of it working, has left me totally bemused.

In the 50's when I was growing up, everybody ate what they could afford. Amazingly, there were very few obese people around, even though a typical diet could not be classed as healthy in anybody's opinion.

I am now a conspiracy theorist, believe we are ruled by greedy, uncaring Governments and global companies who profit in "solving" our hang ups by bombarding us with diets, pills and general fear.

There is a cure for cancer, it's HEMP SEED OIL. Check it out.

Drink coffee if you want and it dosen't harm you, and ditto everything else. Life should be joyful, not fearful.

Reactions: 6 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If caffeine isn't good for us in any form, I wonder why it is put in so many products?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ewww they put alot of stuff thats bad for us in alot of food, i dont think we should trust the people getting rich from feeding us **** to be sensible on our behalfs

If caffeine isn't good for us in any form, I wonder why it is put in so many products?

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have you a comment Andy12345 on my previous, longer post please?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I'd like to revert back to a time when we weren't bombarded with all the hype of what is good and bad for us. We are organic beings and therefore will wither and die, I totally believe my "diseases" and illnesses, not to mention my increasing weight gain, despite eating very little, are due to me following the trends of this diet or that diet and none of them working. I look at myself as a machine, and when I got diabetes, I just put it down to my body mechanics not working properly, either by genetics or lifestyle.

I think we all have a responsibility to be as healthy as we can, and look after our "temple", but giving up this and that, trying every diet going over the years and None of it working, has left me totally bemused.

In the 50's when I was growing up, everybody ate what they could afford. Amazingly, there were very few obese people around, even though a typical diet could not be classed as healthy in anybody's opinion.

I am now a conspiracy theorist, believe we are ruled by greedy, uncaring Governments and global companies who profit in "solving" our hang ups by bombarding us with diets, pills and general fear.

There is a cure for cancer, it's HEMP SEED OIL. Check it out.

Drink coffee if you want and it dosen't harm you, and ditto everything else. Life should be joyful, not fearful.

sure ill comment :)

you can revert back to the days when we werent bombarded by ignoring everything, i would agree lots of illnesses are down to diet but so are the cures, but not all, in those days people still died and diagnosis techinics healthcare etc wasnt as good so we dont really know what folks had back then, i believe the dietary advice with low fat low calories diets is complete nonsense although i believe there was more portion control and less glutany which would help of course,

tottally agree its down to us to make us better when we are able, the diets not working is no surprise they dont work for most folks

tottally agree with your conspiracy theory too

hemp seed? dunno but it smokes well lol

"Drink coffee if you want and it dosen't harm you, and ditto everything else. Life should be joyful, not fearful"

completely disagree with this part not least of all it contradicts what you previously said, drinking coffee and everything is not the route to a joyful life, its a route to pain and suffering, i fear going blind more than i fear restricting my diet a little

:)

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Andy, I think I really meant do what you want to do, not be browbeaten by trends. I enjoy the odd coffee and I don't want to live my life in dread. I'm frightened of drowning though.

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe, i also have a coffee sometimes and dont believe it can be that bad :) i was in fear but now thanks to lchf feel like i have a long life ahead unless im wron......:dead:

Reactions: 4 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
you could get run over by a bus