Uk night owl

M

mist

Hello fellow insomniacs! I work 3 days a week and the night before each shift I'm lucky if I get 3 hours! The joys of hating my job! On break now and already looking forward to bedtime. Off tomo so know I'll sleep tonight

On the plus side, it looks as though you have a Kitteh..:cat:

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello fellow insomniacs! I work 3 days a week and the night before each shift I'm lucky if I get 3 hours! The joys of hating my job! On break now and already looking forward to bedtime. Off tomo so know I'll sleep tonight
I know that dreaded feeling. I feared oversleeping and missing my alarm for 4.30am wake up. I too tossed and turned. On telling people alot of shift workers get it. More common than you think. I wonder if police officers get it too? Shift work doesnt nurture anything! :(
Any chance of changing jobs or shifts to be more friendly?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@debrasue its here. I hope you're in sweet dreams mode.
I'm awake even though I haven't slept since 7am which is good for me with this lergies.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Here I am again. 3yr old has had me awake 30mins now. I'm going back to bed coughing. Blah!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hugely better. Congestion nearly gone. I doubled up on multivitamins and vit c. Just painkiller for wretched sore throat and temperature. Mind u the painkillers are doubling up for pelvic pain. Still in horrific pain when walking and breathing irratic from heart. Scans are due in a few weeks but diagnosis takes months apparently. I'm glad to stopped naproxen, just in case breathing problem is it's side affect. Pain is horrific so naproxen benefit must have stopped. Taking more co-codamol and sugar free ibuprofen.
I've woken in pain in throat, coughing a little and pelvic pain. Thought I'd post here whilst co-codamol kicks in and I test my sugar after having after dinner mint ice cream yesterday as a treat. Ice cream lovely on throat. I see Oppo has a voucher. I looked in H&B sunderland yesterday but none in. If I ask for it they get a few pots in. Mainly salted caramel. After xmas I'll stock some in freezer for garage, although I will have to check how long it freezes for.
I'm most impressed with my multivitamins and vit c, I must have been very run down. This slimming lark not working for me. I'll keep with vitamins for a while to see if feeling more myself. Got kids on their version now. You wonder why the grocery bill is so high when not getting our needs. Ps. I've started my woman's week on top of this nasty lergy. It never rains but it pours.
I don't think hotel food was adequate for me either. Old people portions and too many carby trimmings. I court a nasty cold sore on my lip from hotel cups too. My mum was just getting over bronchitis when we shared hotel room. Her friend is ill too and having to work, drive and care in shifts this week. There is always someone worse than you. Is yours clearing now?

A

asparagusp

Glad you are getting better, Ickihun. X
Hugely better. Congestion nearly gone. I doubled up on multivitamins and vit c. Just painkiller for wretched sore throat and temperature. Mind u the painkillers are doubling up for pelvic pain. Still in horrific pain when walking and breathing irratic from heart. Scans are due in a few weeks but diagnosis takes months apparently. I'm glad to stopped naproxen, just in case breathing problem is it's side affect. Pain is horrific so naproxen benefit must have stopped. Taking more co-codamol and sugar free ibuprofen.
I've woken in pain in throat, coughing a little and pelvic pain. Thought I'd post here whilst co-codamol kicks in and I test my sugar after having after dinner mint ice cream yesterday as a treat. Ice cream lovely on throat. I see Oppo has a voucher. I looked in H&B sunderland yesterday but none in. If I ask for it they get a few pots in. Mainly salted caramel. After xmas I'll stock some in freezer for garage, although I will have to check how long it freezes for.
I'm most impressed with my multivitamins and vit c, I must have been very run down. This slimming lark not working for me. I'll keep with vitamins for a while to see if feeling more myself. Got kids on their version now. You wonder why the grocery bill is so high when not getting our needs. Ps. I've started my woman's week on top of this nasty lergy. It never rains but it pours.
I don't think hotel food was adequate for me either. Old people portions and too many carby trimmings. I court a nasty cold sore on my lip from hotel cups too. My mum was just getting over bronchitis when we shared hotel room. Her friend is ill too and having to work, drive and care in shifts this week. There is always someone worse than you. Is yours clearing now?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Up again. Painkillers then bed. Watched recorded 24hrs in a&e and then GPs programme. Its fascinating.
I've had some diet lemonade so ready to sleep again. Nite nite :) I do love my sleep.
So pleased with my cheap multivitamins and their boost. I think I'll use them through the winter months now.
I wonder if I have a heart scan appointment booking time yet?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Awoke early but have worn myself back out. Off to bed. Nite nite :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Staying awake to keep an eye on Ron. He's still sleeping on sofa.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Staying awake to keep an eye on Ron. He's still sleeping on sofa.
Oh honey! He needs you well rested and comfortable. I know how easy it is to worry. He's doing brilliantly! Just a few more days and this horror story will be bareable and become comfortable again. I know a lot has changed but deep down you're both the same companions as when you both met. Diabetes is one thing but complications bourne from any disease can be a shock.
If you can run with it it will plateau but more importantly become more painless. He is nearly broke the back of it. Of course it should have been sooner but at least a lot has been ruled out.
I feel I'm just starting to get listened to, myself (from medics). I feel awful banging on about health problems but for me and Ron to get the right support our forum friends have to know what's going on. I'm just thankful Ron has been so open about his struggle. It will help with acceptance.
He most likely has helped other men to seek help. There are a lot of forum readers who don't post but watch how they should deal with a complication. Seeking help will always improve longevity. I wish to thank you for your support towards myself and other posters. You are an angel. We are lucky to have you. Even in your hormonal times lol I wouldnt want you any other way.
God. These painkillers are good. I'm smiling again. :) :) :)
I've been in pain so long its been a delight to have some reprieve.
I'm thinking my chest pains are all linked in with pelvic pain and I have got spondylitis, after all. In one way I hope so. I really don't need a heart problem on top of everything else.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Oh honey! He needs you well rested and comfortable. I know how easy it is to worry. He's doing brilliantly! Just a few more days and this horror story will be bareable and become comfortable again. I know a lot has changed but deep down you're both the same companions as when you both met. Diabetes is one thing but complications bourne from any disease can be a shock.
If you can run with it it will plateau but more importantly become more painless. He is nearly broke the back of it. Of course it should have been sooner but at least a lot has been ruled out.
I feel I'm just starting to get listened to, myself (from medics). I feel awful banging on about health problems but for me and Ron to get the right support our forum friends have to know what's going on. I'm just thankful Ron has been so open about his struggle. It will help with acceptance.
He most likely has helped other men to seek help. There are a lot of forum readers who don't post but watch how they should deal with a complication. Seeking help will always improve longevity. I wish to thank you for your support towards myself and other posters. You are an angel. We are lucky to have you. Even in your hormonal times lol I wouldnt want you any other way.
God. These painkillers are good. I'm smiling again. :) :) :)
I've been in pain so long its been a delight to have some reprieve.
I'm thinking my chest pains are all linked in with pelvic pain and I have got spondylitis, after all. In one way I hope so. I really don't need a heart problem on top of everything else.
Don't worry about me . Got plenty to keep me going through the night . Got diary update to do , plus fb info to keep everyone on there updated . I've decided to write a care plan for Ron as he has occupational therapist coming later today .