University and Insulin

meganleanne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, don't know if this has been discussed or not but thought I'd post just to make sure people are aware.

If you're planning on moving into student halls for university and are thinking about storing your insulin in a mini/tabletop fridge in your own bedroom out of the way of flat mates like I am, then you need to email your university beforehand and clear it with them as most universities have a policy which states appliances such as fridges aren't allowed in bedrooms.

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, don't know if this has been discussed or not but thought I'd post just to make sure people are aware.

If you're planning on moving into student halls for university and are thinking about storing your insulin in a mini/tabletop fridge in your own bedroom out of the way of flat mates like I am, then you need to email your university beforehand and clear it with them as most universities have a policy which states appliances such as fridges aren't allowed in bedrooms.

Hi Meganleanne

I work at a UK university and our accommodation office with provide a fridge for you in your room if it is need for medication. they have to be PAT tested by university electricians. Our receptions will also arrange for the disposal of sharps boxes for you.