Unwell and stabilising sugars. HELP

livbo90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. Long story short. My diabetes was way out of control for a very long time (on average, a measurement of between 22-30mmol). In the last week I have rapidly got the average to between 4.9-8mmol. Since then I have felt awful!!! I feel hot, constant headache, sick feeling in my mouth, sometimes also feeling ever so slightly dizzy and shakey. At times also slightly rapid breathing. I just don't feel myself at all !. Could this be the rapid drop? As it's such a horrible feeling and sometimes think not injecting at all is best to go back to :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If you Google the term False Hypo's it will explain all @livbo90.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its a sudden drop.I would allow myself for a slightly higher readings for a week or so and gradually reduce it. Nothing like 22 but about 10.
It is not healthy to give your body such a shock

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep. Had those (even though I'm a Type 2), especially the dizzy, shaky bits - not at all pleasant but they do pass as your body gets used to permanently reduced BG levels. It might seem attractive to give up now, but what you're going through is a no-brainer to the eventual consequences of the high BG levels you've mentioned measuring in your uncontrolled state.

(I've just noticed Ewelina's suggestion which isn't a bad idea I think).

Good luck.

livbo90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you :) I feel utterly awful. Think I may take that advice and aim for slightly higher for a week or so xx