Update - First 3 monthly HBa1C since diagnosis

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey,

Just got the result back of my HBA1C from my first 3 monthly check up.

Diagnosed with a HBA1C in August at 87 and now at 33 :)

Very a happy as i have been working ****** hard supported by Metformin to what ever extent it helps. I would guess diet and exercise had had the biggest impact, i have lost 4 stone, increased my fitness and activity significantly and changed my diet significantly.

I cant say i have been on the popular keto diet, i have if anything been working with something thats probably closer to NHS guidance, all be it with less carbs (<200g) but still with plenty of beans, lentils, whole grains, root veg. But no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes

Either way, what ever i have been doing is working, but the first nail is in the board. Not going to change what im doing, i have weight goals and i'm not going to push to drop the meds until i get another could of good results to be sure.

Steak for tea tonight i think :)

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! As you say what you’re doing is working, so keep up the good work!

Edit for typo

Last edited:

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Well done Sno0opy, you've found the right combination for you, congratulations. four stone lighter in just a few months is amazing. I try to keep below 160 g carbs and that keeps the weight disappearing, some days better than others. I hope you enjoy your steak :smug:

Reactions: KK123 and sno0opy

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Top Job..well done.

worked hard for a well deserved WIN..

mmhh enjoy the steak..:D

Reactions: sno0opy

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the kind responses :)

I had a Steak and chicken combo for tea, something that i would have previous demolished with a starter and desert. Then probably had a sarnie before bed as i was still peckish!

It was really good and i enjoyed it - i even had some sweet potato fries!

But i couldn't finish it - was so full! Ended up bringing chicken home and having it in a salad for lunch haha! O how things have changed!