Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ground flaxseeds with cinnamon and full fat yogurt
L: some really yummy cheese (visited a local farmers market - spent a fortune on cheese o_O) cucumber and almonds
D: shop bought cauliflower rice (nasty!!)

I tried (for the first and last time) a pouch of ready made cauliflower rice, I was hopeful it would be a good to have as an occasional emergency work lunch or to take on holidays etc. It was awful :yuck: very strong in added flavours so much that it was overpowering. If anybody tried that instead of freshly made it wold put them off! Oh well, emergency bag of nuts in my handbag it is then :)
Now off to chant "i must not eat all the cheese"

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ground flaxseeds with cinnamon and full fat yogurt
L: some really yummy cheese (visited a local farmers market - spent a fortune on cheese o_O) cucumber and almonds
D: shop bought cauliflower rice (nasty!!)

I tried (for the first and last time) a pouch of ready made cauliflower rice, I was hopeful it would be a good to have as an occasional emergency work lunch or to take on holidays etc. It was awful :yuck: very strong in added flavours so much that it was overpowering. If anybody tried that instead of freshly made it wold put them off! Oh well, emergency bag of nuts in my handbag it is then :)
Now off to chant "i must not eat all the cheese"
I am pleased you tried the ready made collie rice ... It has saved my pennies .. but then I don't even like frozen collie flower .. it has to be fresh and crunchy ...yummmmm

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

sorry am in New Zealand and its this organic wholefood shop that make it themselves it was quite exquisite soft but not crumberly
That sounds lovely. When I tried to make it, it was a bit crumbly so it is good to know that a better texture is possible. I am not very handy for New Zealand lol

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: blueberry almond muffin and tea
L: homemade houmous with slices of cucumber. Coffee
D: leftover courgetti with avocado sauce. Peanuts

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: blueberry almond muffin with a blob of soya yogurt and cinnamon. Tea
L: homemade houmous with slices of cucumber. Coffee
D: cheesy avocado melt, peanuts, 85% chocolate (can't be bothered cooking tonight)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat yogurt, ground flax seeds and few blueberries
L: raw red pepper, cube of cheese, M&S seed snack sachet
D: stir fry veggies with courgette 'noodles'

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ground flaxseeds with full fat yogurt and cinnamon
L: raw red pepper, olives, feta cheese
D: cheesy omelette

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Ground flaxseeds, full fat yogurt, cinnamon
L: white stilton cheese with nettles and herbs, celery and a few mixed nuts
D: courgette "noodles" with stir fry veggies, square of 85% dark chocolate

Had to make double courgette "noodles" as my OH wanted them rather than "proper noodles" . Thankfully he didn't want me to share my cheese - he knows how to keep his wife happy :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: leftover cold curry
Dinner: big open Burgen sandwich - houmous, lettuce, tomato, egg free mayo and smokey facon mushroom bits

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: Saturday night leftovers
Dinner: big, whole smoked portobello mushrooms topped with cashew cheese, salad. Coffee and 85% choc

Attempted to make cashew cheese again today and it is still a bit grainy despite soaking the nuts for ages. Tasty enough though. If I win the lottery we can all get Vitamixes :joyful: but until then lumpy cheese will have to do. Mushroom marinade recipe here http://www.olivesfordinner.com/2013/03/shiitake-bacon.html

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: toasted high protein roll with no added sugar peanut butter
L: almond and cheese muffin, raw yellow pepper, cube of cheese
D: halloumi, green beans and mushrooms

The almond muffins were yummy, my family loved them too and polished the lot of today! They are on @ewelina site http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/ as cheese biscuits.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: soya yoghurt, blueberries, flaked almonds, cinnamon
L: Burgen toast with avocado and chilli flakes
D: stir fry - broccoli, yellow pepper, smoked mushrooms, tofu wiener (from Waitrose) and peanuts