Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: avocado melt (avo, walnuts, chilli flakes, d/f cheese zapped in the microwave)
Dinner: Linda Mac burger with homemade coleslaw, 85% chocolate

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Croissant and cappuccino in a cafe. Fortisip supplement.

L: Banana milk shake, fortified to make 800 cals.

Snack: Popcorn

D: Baked squash stuffed with quinoa, red rice and cheddar, new potatoes in garlic butter and green beans.

PurpleArmadillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B : half a lidl roll with a couple of vbites sage and onion slices

L : the other half of the roll

D : a Bolognese sauce with quorn mince and topped with mozzarella

Snacks : a few brazil nuts, half a mini bar of raw chocolate, lots of cheese .... and red wine too. Been a really bad day :(

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
B: Granola with Greek yoghurt. Fortisip supplement.

L: Vanilla milkshake fortified to 900 cals.

Snacks: Kitkat. Danish & cappuccino.

D: Quiche, new potatoes & salad. Carrot cake.

Good day for me- ate well and high calories. BG reasonably under control.

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D: haricot bean stew w/ cauli rice

Sorry about 2 posts. Had a mental aberration and clicked the wrong button

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B & L: 0.5L celery and cucumber juice mixed with 2L fizzy water (giving my kidneys a wash)
D: double decker burger - one Lidl roll with big portobello mushroom and peri peri sauce on lower deck, LM burger, spinach and tomato on upper deck

The peri peri sauce is very tasty. It is 8.3% carbs, but you only need a spot to blow your tongue off. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=283817540

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@AvocadoSevenfold

I'm not sure about the "kidney wash", but your double burger sounds very tasty.

Yesterday:

B: Muesli (no added sugar). Fortisip supplement.

L: LM sausage, egg, beans & hash browns.

D: Veg burger, potatoes, carrots & cabbage. Chocolate gateau & cream.

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
B. Weetabix with linwoods mixed seeds and gogi berries with soya milk. Decaf coffee with KoKO milk.
L. Home made vegetable soup, wheaten bread with real butter. Green tea.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: third of Lidl roll toast with peanut butter
L: two thirds of Lidl roll toast with peanut butter
D: baked marinated tofu and veg on courgetti. Stewed rhubarb with Swedish Glace

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: stewed rhubarb, soya yogurt, walnuts, ginger
D: leftover tofu and veg with a blob of hummus
L: lasagne type thing - layer of ratatouille, layer of courgette discs and d/f cheese sauce, layer of ratatouille

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Granola, Greek yoghurt & fruit salad.

L: Bagel. Milk shake fortified to 900 cals.

D: Pretend fish n chips - quorn crispy fillet (they're not fish flavour!), oven chips & mushy peas.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Granola, strawberries and Greek yoghurt.

L: Crumpets. Milk shake fortified to 900 cals.

D: Bean stew with dumplings.

PurpleArmadillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: One slice of toasted Bergen bread

L: None. Didn't take packed lunch, and going through a bit of a food phobic phase again!

D: Frittata with onions, mushrooms, cherry toms and a couple of tofu hot dogs

Snacks: a couple of fat bombs. I'm keeping a regular supply of these in the fridge now for when my sweet tooth kicks in. The current batch are coconut oil, coconut butter, raw cacao, dessicated coconut, stevia and peppermint extract.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B .. cheese on toast
L .. egg salad with leaves
D .. Green salad with something hot with no name .. (it was eggplant filled with cheese and wrapped in courgette, topped with sliced tomatoes, I think that was all that was in it)
S .. Eaton Tidy .. will be rasps, blueberries & strawberries mixed in whipped double cream .. the wife calls it eaton tidy .. as there is no meringue !! Topped with a chard of something chocolatey ... (80% dark chocolate, coconut oil, almond butter, chopped almonds, melted and mixed .. pored on to flat tray, sprinkled with sea salt and frozen... ) yummy

PurpleArmadillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: Slice Bergen bread with marg

L: None again

Pre dinner: Lidl roll with sliced cheese and a few Pringles (and so it starts ..... This is my old habit down to a t! My comfort eating at its worst :( )

D: Mushroom, spinach and quorn curry

Snacks: Almonds and a fat bomb as per yesterday

pms543

On my "to make" list are the tidy mess and fat bombs
Can someone link me to recipe or post one please? Thanks

PurpleArmadillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@pms543 I've tried a few fat bomb recipes and have settled on this

Base of coconut oil and coconut butter - roughly 50/50 but varies according to how much I have in the cupboard. I melt the oil in the microwave, then add the butter and melt that in too

Then I add either dessicated coconut or nut butter, and a little stevia (you only need a really tiny amount), And so far I've experimented with adding raw cacao powder, vanilla , peppermint and orange extracts.

Stir well, especially if there's nut butter in there, then pour into little moulds or fairy cake cases and refrigerate.

Really quick to make, and set in about 15 minutes. You can just fiddle with the proportions till you find your favourite.

I find I often crave something sweet after a meal. And these are just sweet enough to satisfy that.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@pms543 I've tried a few fat bomb recipes and have settled on this

Base of coconut oil and coconut butter - roughly 50/50 but varies according to how much I have in the cupboard. I melt the oil in the microwave, then add the butter and melt that in too

Then I add either dessicated coconut or nut butter, and a little stevia (you only need a really tiny amount), And so far I've experimented with adding raw cacao powder, vanilla , peppermint and orange extracts.

Stir well, especially if there's nut butter in there, then pour into little moulds or fairy cake cases and refrigerate.

Really quick to make, and set in about 15 minutes. You can just fiddle with the proportions till you find your favourite.

I find I often crave something sweet after a meal. And these are just sweet enough to satisfy that.
I find the Shard things the wife makes are brilliant for my sweet tooth ... in a bowl just melt a square of 80% dark chocolate, with a big table spoon of coconut oil, a few tea spoons of almond butter, pop in the microwave till liquid .. add a hand full of chopped almonds, melted and mixed .. cover a flat backing tray with cling film, let the mix cool slightly and pore on to the flat tray, sprinkled with sea salt and pop into the freezer ... ) yummy .. when frozen you can lift off the cling film and break in to chards . put int a freezer bags ready to eat ... I sometimes also have coconut flakes or berries in it .. It need to be eaten soon after taking out of the freezer ..

Reactions: 4 people