Very Frustrated Loss Value Of Life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my name is Cristina and i am a severe brittle type 1 diabetic. Just was told by neurologist that the pain and swelling is not a neurologist problem but a Gastroenterologist problem. Wow

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @brittletype1diabetic and welcome to the forum :)

Can you tell us more about your pain, so where is it located ? Has your doctor suggested any treatment for you ? How long have you been diagnosed t1 and are you in the UK ?

Reactions: kitedoc

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tested you for coeliac disease? Type1 and coeliac quite often pair together. I'd be asking for a test if you haven't already had one. I'm wondering if the neurologist might not be suggesting that when he/she said you need to see a gastroenterologist?

slaxxfb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi Cristina :) as in the previous comments, yes, please do share more background.
also from your post title, i don't know if you're newly diagnosed or have been having trouble controlling your diabetes, or both (because brittle type), but please stay strong. i'm not a brittle t1 but i know from exp it can be really frustrating, can't imagine how many times multiplied it might be with yours. just remember, we're here to listen. :)