ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Added weight but not surprised. I had to stop metformin and orilstat. So now constipated from tramadol. :( :( :(
Only positive thing is I'm back on metformin today so next week should be promising. Fingers crossed. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done @Rachox . Have a great birthday! It's only once a year so definitely worth celebrating. ♡♥♡
Enjoy and tell us all about it so we can be happy with you. :)

Reactions: Freema

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done everyone! Me, I'm 95.9kg down from 97kg this week, another 1.1kg gone :)
I've reached my first personal target of three stone weight loss since diagnosis in May! I can't believe I've lost 3 stone in 3 months. I haven't been this light since before my son was born, he's 21! Super proud of myself!
However it's my birthday today so I have a couple of low carb but not low calorie treats lined up, so I hope I don't put too much back on :p

Happy Birthday!

And brilliant weight loss :)

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Added weight but not surprised. I had to stop metformin and orilstat. So now constipated from tramadol. :( :( :(
Only positive thing is I'm back on metformin today so next week should be promising. Fingers crossed. ;)

Urgh - I broke my elbow a couple of years ago and the effect of painkillers was just dreadful - here's hoping that being back on the met helps you this week :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Happy birthday @Rachox . Well done everyone. I have gained 73.4 but this has been a horrible week on step 1 of pain management and I can assure you paracetamol was useless. I got some first stage codeine this morning and already feeling so much better. Not good enough for going up and downstairs more than once a day but much less arghhhhh. I am on those for a week and report back to GP on Friday.
Spent my time reading a very interesting report on food and dieting which included the following paragraph:- The real question is how to fight this kind of diet absolutism without bouncing back to a mindless celebration of the modern food environment that is demonstrably making so many people sick. In 2016, more than 600 children in the UK were registered as living with type 2 diabetes; before 2002, there were no reported cases of children suffering from the condition, whose causes are diet-related." Now that is something to ponder on. It is a long read but interesting to know stuff like avocados outsell oranges - ok I am a saddo https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...g&utm_term=238861&subid=10401739&CMP=ema-2793
I have to read drug side effects and the stuff the GP gave me this afternoon. Sighh

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:D
2017-08-11 20.14.41.jpg
Well done @Rachox . Have a great birthday! It's only once a year so definitely worth celebrating. ♡♥♡
Enjoy and tell us all about it so we can be happy with you. :)
I've had a lovely day. Thank you all for your birthday wishes :D I received some thoughtful gifts, since boxes of chocolates and cakes are off the menu now! Also some money to invest in some new (smaller clothes). I've had a few lower carb treats. Crackling crisps with a salad for lunch, a meringue nest with strawberries and cream after wards, a low carb chocolate and peanut square this afternoon and a piece of low carb mini coffee and vanilla cake after dinner this evening. I was prepared to accept higher blood glucose readings today but they have been just normal ranging from 5.6 - 6.3mmols/l :happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
:DView attachment 23557
I've had a lovely day. Thank you all for your birthday wishes :D I received some thoughtful gifts, since boxes of chocolates and cakes are off the menu now! Also some money to invest in some new (smaller clothes). I've had a few lower carb treats. Crackling crisps with a salad for lunch, a meringue nest with strawberries and cream after wards, a low carb chocolate and peanut square this afternoon and a piece of low carb mini coffee and vanilla cake after dinner this evening. I was prepared to accept higher blood glucose readings today but they have been just normal ranging from 5.6 - 6.3mmols/l :happy:
You deserve it hun.
Brilliant bgs too. What a bonus!

Reactions: Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm weighing myself in the morning for FLO so fingers crossed I've lost the added weight from constipation, which has now gone. ;)
If not my aim is for it to be by friday!

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've weighed in as 124.80kgs with water retention tummy. So if I reweigh after flurosemide I'd be less but I'm keeping 124.80kg as weight today to keep things consistant. :)
Hoping by friday I'll be my last weight or less at 123.40. Fingers crossed tight. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've weighed in as 124.80kgs with water retention tummy. So if I reweigh after flurosemide I'd be less but I'm keeping 124.80kg as weight today to keep things consistant. :)
Hoping by friday I'll be my last weight or less at 123.40. Fingers crossed tight. ;)
Wow. This morning I'm 123.20kgs. :) :) :)
Lost 1.6kgs in 3 days. :) I'm delighted. :)

Most likely due to resting after such a traumatic tuesday with 4 appointments then swelling.
Rest makes all the difference for me.

Last edited: