Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
25/8 - Morning.

Still at 12 stone and 12 lbs.

Well Done Everyone.

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sometimes I'm lighter on a monday morning for FLO so hoping a positive day monday too.
I'm happier if health problems resolve but no sign of anything going. Asthma still bad, back still agony and on same amount of insulin. I wonder when blood presure tablets will need reducing, if ever.
Not despondent yet. Roll on next friday for sure. ;)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed this morning on return from holiday. Very disappointed to find I'm 0.1kg up from before I went.

Since I did five consecutive 24 hour fasts (eating dinner only) and maintained LCHF for the meals I did eat, not sure why. Calorie counts were guessed as I was eating out, but highest intake was just over 1,100 calories one day and below 900 the other four days.

Also did lots of walking - on two days over 35,000 steps and a minimum of 25,000 on the other days.

Any thoughts?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Goonergal I wouldn't be too concerned about 0.1 kg. I don't think the scales we use are that accurate. My weight can fluctuate by 1 lb or more during the day, and I use what is supposed to be more accurate scales. Even how I stand on the scales can affect the reading. I usually take the lowest reading as being my weight for that day.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal - 0.1kg is the difference between a big wee and a little wee to be honest.

My weight is very stable, but even I vary 1kg+/- on a daily basis, and sometimes more; just depending on what I've eaten, what my bathroom activity has been like and whether I'm dehydrated or retaining fluid, for whatever reasons.

That is one of the reasons I do my step-on/step-off routine every morning, after I get up and empty my bladder, then once a week I do my full body scan which gives me a breakdown of fat/muscle/visceral fat etc.

A bit like blood glucose, I'm looking towards the trends, not any exact number on any exact day.

Don't lose sleep over these variations.

Bill_Tanner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, after four weeks of a low carb diet it seems I have not been able to lose weight, even though my clothes are definately looser. I told this to my nurse on Tuesday who weighed me again and confirmed I had lost 4 kilos in four weeks.... which goes to prove, we should look only at the trends, not at the daily result. I was simply weighing at different times of the day ! I am now at 85 kilos, my target is 75 kilos

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed this morning on return from holiday. Very disappointed to find I'm 0.1kg up from before I went.

Since I did five consecutive 24 hour fasts (eating dinner only) and maintained LCHF for the meals I did eat, not sure why. Calorie counts were guessed as I was eating out, but highest intake was just over 1,100 calories one day and below 900 the other four days.

Also did lots of walking - on two days over 35,000 steps and a minimum of 25,000 on the other days.

Any thoughts?
Next week it will reflect as long as no treats or bad habits back.
I'm finding that durability is the key. Stick with it.
Any extra is always a bonus but to be sustainable has to be constant or habitual.
The key is eating habits more than exercise. Intake isn't always needed.

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Down 2.5 lbs from last week....infuriatingly close to a stone in total (1.25 lbs away) but it has been achieved in 5 weeks.

Still 2.5 stones to go *brushes that fact under the carpet* :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm on holiday, so blissfully unaware of whether holiday food (still low carb but bigger portions and a few more calories I wouldn't mind betting) has added lbs. I've been walking loads so I'm hoping to at least have not gained when I get home. Ever the optimist me!