Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small weight loss of 0.2kg this week - bit of an up and down week, with a couple of fasting days, but a couple of really big eating days, so I’m content with that. Will push for a better loss next week. BMI is creeping down towards normal range (26.3 as of today).

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lost 1kg this week - so that means my BMI is now 24.9!

No longer over weight! Such an amazing feeling :)

My BMI when I was diagnosed was 39.8 - I didn't really think that i could get to a healthy weight - but here I am.

Keep going everyone - it's worth it :)
Well done.
What are your plans now, weight wise?

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lost 1kg this week - so that means my BMI is now 24.9!

No longer over weight! Such an amazing feeling :)

My BMI when I was diagnosed was 39.8 - I didn't really think that i could get to a healthy weight - but here I am.

I gave you a winner medal but would give you a 100 if I could. So very pleased for you.
Keep going everyone - it's worth it :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(* Runs in late!) I did weigh myself when I got up, only just got on line though. Weight loss for me this week is 0.5kg, continue to trickle down a little each week :happy: Well done every one!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still 6 stone 13 I haven't found my pound but I think my husband may have nicked it !Actually looking at him he may have nicked a few pounds from other people as well !!
CAROL

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was weighed at doctors on Wednesday came in at 63kg. I am now officially a nine stone weakling.:eek:

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done.
What are your plans now, weight wise?

Well - for the time being I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. I'm sure that I'm going to reach a point of balance soon. When I was last this sort of weight ( when I was in my early 30s) I could maintain at around 11 stone - below that it was very hard work.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow well done! @Polgara , @Goonergal and @Art Of Flowers .

@ickihun hope your insulin reduction helps you achieve your goal. I'm sure your little boy will settle soon. I have great admiration for Early years teachers.
I do too. They have a very tough job. All those individuals to organise and do the same thing, independantly. Phew! A big job. 30 small people missing their mummies. :(
Wow. I know I couldnt do 30 mini-ickihuns. Ha ha

Reactions: rainbow79

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - for the time being I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. I'm sure that I'm going to reach a point of balance soon. When I was last this sort of weight ( when I was in my early 30s) I could maintain at around 11 stone - below that it was very hard work.

Polgara - Well done on getting yourself into the healthy weight range.

I'm not going to suggest what your weight should be or anything like that, but what I will say is to start thinking about what you will do when you become close to the weight/shape/BMI, or whatever, you want to be, and how you intend to maintain that weight/shape/BMI for the long term. Nobody wants to go onto a yo-yo phase.

Please do plan ahead, because a few folks have found stalling the weight loss to be trickier than we ever envisaged. Certainly, I know I did, and have ended up a bit lighter than I wanted to be, then have sort of stuck there. I know @Bluetit1802 also found stalling weight loss to be a bit of a challenge.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Polgara

I am only joining in because @DCUKMod tagged me. I can confirm what she said. Halting the loss and finding a balance to maintain at a weight you want to be is almost as hard as losing it in the first place. It needs planning before you get to that stage or you may find that by continuing your current diet you will continue to lose weight. You have no choice but to increase calories, and they have to come from carbs/protein/fats. Most of us don't want to upset our BGs by increasing carbs, so we are stuck with proteins and fats. It is a fine balancing act to find the right way for you, and the right amount of extra calories. I thought I would stall, but I didn't. My weight loss did slow down a bit, but didn't stall and I ended up too light for my liking. I had to work out a way of gaining a few pounds and then maintaining that. So my advice is not to leave it to chance. Plan ahead, and well done so far. :)