Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So after a week of some hospital food, some inadvertent fasting when the painkillers knocked me out and a few Christmas treats (low carb but not low calorie!) I have lost! :) I’m down 2kgs from last Thursday, the day before my foot op. I’m well chuffed but don’t recommend it as a weight loss method!

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 83.8kg 29th Dec’17
Total lost = 31.2kg/4stone 13lb

Reactions: Chocomin and Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
29/12 - Morning All.

I have put on 2 lbs and now weigh exactly 13 stone :shifty:.
(Not been as mobile for last 8 days, and my sutures do not get removed until 5th January'18)

Well Done Everybody :)

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
29/12 - Morning All.

I have put on 2 lbs and now weigh exactly 13 stone :shifty:.
(Not been as mobile for last 8 days, and my sutures do not get removed until 5th January'18)

Well Done Everybody :)
I have sutures too! Coming out 8th Jan! Defo not as mobile on crutches as I am normally! Hope your stitch removal goes well x

Reactions: Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed yesterday and the 2lb I added I've lost again.
So I'm 119.90kgs this week.

Had sickness and diarrhea bug on boxing day. I was ill. Luckily I started my Christmas treats early. Still have a box of ferrero rochers. I'll keep for hypo treatments whilst I lower my insulin units. ;)

Looking forward to the next coming weeks of weight loss. Although not low carb shopping til after kids go back to school. They've been advised to not low carb under hospital.

In fact I'm more than happy, I'm excited.
I wonder how much weight I'll lose this year?

Great to see everyone here!
I've invited more to join us but not sure if they will.

I'm thankful for any support but more importantly....Merry Christmas :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done Carol.
Maybe 2018 is going to be your year too?

There's snow here but had to take oldest child to see GP so I've had my walking without icy conditions. Fresh snow is hard work thou with a stick/crutch. Maybe more calories used?
Is your walking OK?
I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT! ! Sorry for shouting 43.4
CAROL

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well done John.
Have you an ideal weight in mind?
After serious discussions with my wife and family we think around where I'm at now 10 St 7 Lb give or take a couple of pounds. as when I went down below 10 stones to 9 St 11 Lb I scared my self a little and family became greatly alarmed

Best not to take it too far as it was getting to be unhealthy opposite of the intent of weight loss.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm dreading maintenance once I'm ideal weight I bet I'm soooo obsessive. I just don't want that part of my personality to obsess about food/weight. I might need psychological support then. Luckily I'm another 1yr plus away from that. I'm in no hurry to have to deal with that part of my psyche. Although I know I will have too. :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm dreading maintenance once I'm ideal weight I bet I'm soooo obsessive. I just don't want that part of my personality to obsess about food/weight. I might need psychological support then. Luckily I'm another 1yr plus away from that. I'm in no hurry to have to deal with that part of my psyche. Although I know I will have too. :(

To be honest, Ickihun, if your post-op weight loss is managed well, by you and your team, by the time you get to your chosen/recommended weight, you will know what you have to do to trim up, plus you will have had the benefot of reading lots of people's stories on here, in terms of stabilisation and maintenance tactics.

Obviously we're all different, but I eight daily (my step-on/step-off routine) and just mentally note it, but I do my full measurement (fat, visceral fat and muscle proportions) and watch out for trends down or up. Doing that, things don't go too far either way, if I need to make changes.

You'll be fine.

Reactions: Prem51

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have this sort of simplistic idea of maintenance as a negative feed back loop that is weigh myself if at desired weight do nothing if above desired weight decrease carbs or calories or both decrementally until weight at correct level if below desired weight increase intake till at desired weight of course this would have to be a continuous process.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5257e96cf8728be5592a6c9d52a64e1c.jpg

I meant to post this yesterday - starting the year recording my weight loss in 2017. Twelve months from now I want to post a nice flat graph having maintained my current weight :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Swollen like a balloon today. Unsafe to walk out much. Windy or icy. Roll on spring.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not very nice out there at all today - :(

Hope the swelling goes soon.
I've frozen myself today due to slow walking to and back from Morrisons. Picked up cauliflower rice to put in a stir fry. Back is in agony as 4yr old decided he didn't want to carry his milkshake and backpack after all. Argh!!!
Hoping exercise helps me process water retention better. On a evening its hideous.
Less carbs don't fix it but evening none painful walking does. Roll on spring and summer.
Swelling makes my back pain worse too. It really puts me off walking... but I'll try something tomorrow and friday too, weather permitting. Pain permitting too. On maximum tramadol as it is.
Little acorns and all that thou.
I still need this bariatric op. Any help will be a godsend. Even if I start losing 1kg per week again it will take me years. I may have a stroke before I get a chance to get it off. Even if I can. I'm convinced my thyroid clicked into helping for a change.
We'll see.
I'm edging my bets.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good morning everyone. It is 5.4 fbs from me.
Oops! Wrong thread hun?
Mind u my above essay is too. I will post in moderate exercise log and type2 life.
PS. Great fbg by the way! :)