Weekly weigh in - Fridays

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I did it! Loss of 0.3kg this week making 5 stone total weight loss since diagnosis last May :happy:
I’m away next week so I expect a stall but will check in with my post holiday weight on Sat 20th.

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 83.3kg 12th Jan’18
Total lost = 31.7kg/5stone
That's brilliant, very inspiring! Enjoy your holiday

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
12/1/18 - Morning.

Back to my 'usual' 12 stone 12 lbs. :)

Had sutures removed a few days ago (after 15 days of them) so I am mobile again, just got to be careful and the 2 lb gain the other week was probably just a blip!

Blood Sugars are erratic at moment - but on Antibiotics for infected Sinuses = Thanks to 13 month old Granddaughter sharing her "bugs"!!

Well Done Everybody :).
Well done!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Hope you are all well.
66.6kgs today, down 0.65 from last week
Start 101kgs
Today 66.6 kgs
Lost 34.4 kgs

Those certainly are some high tec scales you have now, reading to two decimal points!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've decided to do a format every week to give myself more encouragement. I'm needing it recently. So here goes...
Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
Today.
119.20kgs (18st 10lb) 20th Oct '17
Lost.
25kgs=approx 4st.

Update added to 122.50kgs as a new starting weigh-in.
So....

Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
Today. 122.50kgs (19st 4lb) 12th Jan '18
Lost. 22.30kgs ( 3.5st)

Onwards and upwards. Or downwards in this instance!!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I did it! Loss of 0.3kg this week making 5 stone total weight loss since diagnosis last May :happy:
I’m away next week so I expect a stall but will check in with my post holiday weight on Sat 20th.

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 83.3kg 12th Jan’18
Total lost = 31.7kg/5stone

Congratulations!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It depends on how hard I press down on nearby cupboard while standing on the scales.

Actually this week a couple of pounds up from 10 St 7 Lb to 10 st 9 Lb so going to have to go into corrective action drop the calories a bit and go lower on carbs and see what happens.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Friday! And by the power of new scales..

weightJan12.JPG

A few.. odd results since I last looked, like fat & water up, muscle down a bit. So think I need to eat moar sausages! And possibly other protein.. Height's still flatlined though, but I did seem to lose a bit of bone. I blame Eve..

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm still optimistic about Friday's weigh-in as my diet far better than last week even. Let's see.
If I start losing again I will be overjoyed! A few months like last year of losing will give me some great encouragement. Fingers crossed I can mimic the same conditions.

Reactions: Happyhomelands

VivD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bigoted and selfish people, this Government, grey cold windy days
Having lost 5stone with ups and downs and much plateauing over the 15 years since I was diagnosed low carb high fat has become a way of life BUT it is a pattern of adjustment turning the screw every now and again and adapting and making it part of my life. I was battling with weight in my early teens and am now 72. My top weight was 18st 3lbs (only 5'3") now hovering at just over 13st but a stone lighter than the same time last year (when I was up on my norm of around 13.10) I had plateaued for years and intermittent fasting is what changed things as well as a not picking policy. Has anyone created a 750 cal HFLC menu for throwing in once or twice or even if you are good and strong willed for trying longer term like the Newcastle diet?
As for sugars/ weight - I mainly check every morning but will do additional bs checks if out of kilter - a high weight might see me wait until after 12 for food and if by then it isn't bothering me see how far I can go. When things start to slip or I feel like I can do an extra push I become more vigilant keep diaries etc. As well as dog walking I find quick on the spot running every now and then through the day will improve my steps count as well as dancing to adverts whatever :) Changing my lifestyle a step at a time. No beating myself up just constant awareness and adjustment and room for a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate:) Can I be fitter at 80? there's the challenge:)

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Having lost 5stone with ups and downs and much plateauing over the 15 years since I was diagnosed low carb high fat has become a way of life BUT it is a pattern of adjustment turning the screw every now and again and adapting and making it part of my life. I was battling with weight in my early teens and am now 72. My top weight was 18st 3lbs (only 5'3") now hovering at just over 13st but a stone lighter than the same time last year (when I was up on my norm of around 13.10) I had plateaued for years and intermittent fasting is what changed things as well as a not picking policy. Has anyone created a 750 cal HFLC menu for throwing in once or twice or even if you are good and strong willed for trying longer term like the Newcastle diet?
As for sugars/ weight - I mainly check every morning but will do additional bs checks if out of kilter - a high weight might see me wait until after 12 for food and if by then it isn't bothering me see how far I can go. When things start to slip or I feel like I can do an extra push I become more vigilant keep diaries etc. As well as dog walking I find quick on the spot running every now and then through the day will improve my steps count as well as dancing to adverts whatever :) Changing my lifestyle a step at a time. No beating myself up just constant awareness and adjustment and room for a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate:) Can I be fitter at 80? there's the challenge:)
Vey inspirational, well done VivD, & thank you for sharing

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Changing my lifestyle a step at a time. No beating myself up just constant awareness and adjustment and room for a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate:) Can I be fitter at 80? there's the challenge:)

That's the spirit! I've always found that small things make it easier to keep it going rather than a NY resolution to lose X kg by February. Something I've noticed about the new scales is I'm paying less attention to the daily readings because I know they're logging the results, and it's the trend that's important. And I think it's the same with exercise, ie walk a bit more. Dogs are also great as exercise buddies, taking you for walks, getting a bit of upper body workout throwing sticks etc. And it leaves more room for treats. Dark chocolate can be low carb, and it's made from fruit! :)

Reactions: ToveyKath

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How much more weight do you want to lose?

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's the spirit! I've always found that small things make it easier to keep it going rather than a NY resolution to lose X kg by February. Something I've noticed about the new scales is I'm paying less attention to the daily readings because I know they're logging the results, and it's the trend that's important. And I think it's the same with exercise, ie walk a bit more. Dogs are also great as exercise buddies, taking you for walks, getting a bit of upper body workout throwing sticks etc. And it leaves more room for treats. Dark chocolate can be low carb, and it's made from fruit! :)

May I ask what scales you have? I have some new ones. I hate them!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
ill still. I'll be surprised I I've lost by friday as I've being filling up on nuts for hunger and I don't normally lose on them. Mind u my bgs are hugely better but no metformin again. :( My sleep is all over the place.