Weekly weigh in - Fridays

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Weight remained the same this week - not complaining as I believe in taking the weight loss at my own pace as long as it does not creep upwards then all is find by me.

Reactions: 6 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Back to 12St 1Lb so there's another pound gone I have done a lot of walking this last week and seem to be restoring muscles this may be slowing weight loss a bit I have found I can cover what is for me a fair distance with frequent rest stops but takes me some time.

Reactions: 4 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I weighed myself this morning - I normally do it on a Sunday morning but I am away for the weekend so I did remember to do it first thing today --- I am very pleased to say I have lost approx 1lb this week or 0.5kg

For me this past week has been so positive - I am still losing weight but still slowly (this is the way I want to lose the weight) and the blood glucose levels are also stabilizing - today just before lunch my reading was 5.1 - this is a first for being this low beginning to feel the work is paying off and I do struggle still but it does make me wonder at the achievement - sorry if that sounds 'big' headed but I have not managed to lose weight in over 20 years although always tried to eat sensibly!
Fasting blood test due in August - hoping it will confirm the readings I am getting and hoping the continued weight loss although small will help to convince my health care providers that what I am doing is working.... I still have a long way to go with the weight but I feel it is important to recognise the success and hoping it will help others who are struggling.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well the bad news is I'm up 2lbs from last Friday to 10st 3lbs again today. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be going on around my middle, as my waist measurement hasn't increased. I am hoping it is due to increased muscle mass as I have been walking more, and using the outdoor gym in the park again. I've also been using protein powder in milk shakes which might have contributed.
Anyway my bs hasn't increased so that is more important.

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
@Prem51
I 'weighed in' at 14st 7 on Monday - down 2lb, which given I was away on holiday last week, (and yes I did fall off the wagon With few 'not quite' diabetic meals, and a few beers) which I thought was quite good. BMI down to 27.2 - all heading in the right direction.
Back on the healthy eating and loads of 'Phys' this week!

JenniferG

I'm down to 27.07 stone (379 pounds / 172 kg). I weighed 30.14 stone (422 pounds / 191.4 kg) on May 9th. Thank you LCHF (started 2 months ago). (Blood sugars also normalized to A1C 5.8 from A1C of 9 to 11 for four years). I have half of the feeling back in my limbs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
It's been so hot this week I haven't had the energy to go for my normal walks so I haven't lost anything - still 11 stone 4.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Have hardly lost any weight for days though have been for a walk every day for the last eight days I suspect I may be losing fat but putting on muscle well I hope that's what it is.

I'm beginning to think I will never get down to goal weight mind you if I do it will be the lightest I've been in half a century. :)

JenniferG

Have hardly lost any weight for days though have been for a walk every day for the last eight days I suspect I may be losing fat but putting on muscle well I hope that's what it is.

I'm beginning to think I will never get down to goal weight mind you if I do it will be the lightest I've been in half a century. :)
How much have you lost so far? Be proud of your accomplishment and ability to maintain what you've lost! :)

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post on Friday, but I'm back to hovering around my default 95 kilos, actual weight depending on how I stand on the scales.:p

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have found if you rest your hand on something ie a near bye cupboard you can get the scales to read what ever you want as long as what you want is for them to read lower for instance the other day I only weighed 4St so had to go eat something fast.

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Steady at 69.9 kg (10st 13lbs). Very happy with this...I still often think 4 years ago I weighed 112 kg, so I've lost 40% of my body weight:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I was 10st 3lbs yesterday, same weight as previous Friday though I've been a pound below or above that during the week.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No weight loss this week - still on the positive no gain either so happy with that.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So after fasting for last three days I'm down 2lbs from last Friday to 10st 1lb today.