Weekly weigh in - Fridays

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Oops. My HbA1c has went down but I have went from 85kg back to my usual 87kg. Bit surprised...need to adjust! :)

Reactions: 4 people

JenniferG

Oops. My HbA1c has went down but I have went from 85kg back to my usual 87kg. Bit surprised...need to adjust! :)

How many grams of carbs are you eating per day? What kind of diet do you eat? I used to inject 120 units of insulin per day and gained a couple stone from it in a short time period. Since I've been on LCHF diet along with intermittent fasting, I've dropped all the insulin and now have normalized blood sugars with just the dietary change. Lost 4 stone as well due to dietary change (and stopping insulin). I have over 10 more stone to lose.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I think it's due to recent illnesses and inactivity @JenniferG. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
11 stone 13Lbs have finally got down below 12 stone only by a pound but thought I was never going to do it. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
88 kg, from 90 circa 2 weeks ago. Low carbing certainly works for me.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Lost a little more this week - finally got below the 90kg - was stuck just above it for weeks so pleased to now be in the 89 range.
Still a long road ahead on the weight loss but I focus on just a few kg at a time so another 2kg and I will have reached another minor target - all of which keeps me going - although I do still miss a sandwich or a bacon roll now and then...........But planning on a treat when I reach the target as it will be a real achievement for me - don't yet know if it will be a bacon roll or a piece of cake..... Still have time to decide as it is weeks away.

JenniferG

It's not Friday, but I have such good news and been on a plateau for 3 weeks, I felt I must share it :)

I was 385 pounds just 2 days ago. Last night I was 380 pounds. At 4AM I was 377 pounds and by 8:00am 376. I am down two pounds from my previous lowest weight of 378. So it appears the plateau has ceased and now I am peeing out all the water I was retaining for the past 3 weeks.

Anyways on average, over the last 11 weeks I've lost just over 3 pounds per week.

I can't wait for the 360's. I always set my goal for 10 pounds at a time and get really excited when I achieve a new level :)

46 pounds lost since May 9th.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I had my regular appointment with the nurse this morning, I had quite a stressful week last week and troublesome hormones meant I haven't lost any weight. I am pleased with my blood pressure though, 111/65

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm still fasting every day until 7pm, but I'm up 1 pound from last Friday to 10st 2lbs today.
I think my scales are faulty!:D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Back to 129kgs. Want to post my new start weight. Loojing forward to next friday. :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Lost half a pound this week - down to 11 st 2.5

Any loss is a good loss in my book :)

JenniferG

If your A1C went down, then your insulin levels might be up. When your insulin levels are higher, the insulin tells the kidney's to reabsorb water and salt. Therefore that extra 2kg of weight is probably all water.. no worries.. it pees right out in a day when insulin levels are lower.

JenniferG

Well done @JenniferG! That is an amazing weight loss in just a couple of days.:)
Lost 15 pounds in 8 days. Most of it all water weight. I guess my insulin levels went down by quite a bit--which is good and should improve insulin resistance, which is of course what I want. Ketones are up. blood sugar remained the same, but it's probably due to the glyceral backones in the tons of fatty acids that are escaping due to lower insulin levels (liver converts the triglyceride's glyceral backbone to glucose .. about 10% the calories of the fat).

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
10st 2lbs today, same as last Friday.
And I've ordered some new scales which are supposed to tell you your body fat levels.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know it's not Friday till tomorrow but weighed my self this morning and am now 11st 10lb so that's 3lb down from last week.

Was so pleased couldn't wait till tomorrow to post it. :)

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic with a HbA1c last July of 52 and weighed 19 stone, I now have a current HbA1c of 31 and weigh 10 stone 0.5 pounds so still not that 10 stone I want lol. My aim to to reach 9 stone 7 pounds but finding my weight loss has slowed a lot. I weigh myself weekly as find daily weigh ins put too much pressure to be loosing and make you over focused or even overly obsessive about your weight, I like this thread and will post my weekly weigh ins also :)

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
My weigh-in was this morning as I was away over the weekend, I have lost around half a pound this week, not much but still heading where I want it to go........:cat:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I weigh daily because recent studies have shown those who do tend to lose weight more quickly and tend not to put it back on after. Also I check my BG every day because it gives me better control and I view weight in the same way.

I have not quite attained what @rainbow79 has but I have reduced my weight from 18st 7lb to 11st 10lb my Hba1c from 64 to 38 and I am still taking 15mg per day of steroids so control of diet and weight is for me paramount if I am to undo the damage of years of undiagnosed diabetes that is kidney damage retinopathy and neuropathy.

John

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
13 4 1/2 this morning. Working down to my target of 12 stone + or - 7 lbs as I have been a little too relaxed lately and some extra baggage has crept on a little unnoticed recently following some holidays and weekends away when I have strayed somewhat. I know what I need to do!

Maxwell