ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How odd. I would have thought if skimmed milk was actually watered down the additional water would have to be listed as an ingedient.

I imagine your weight gain is largely your lack of increased urination stimulated by the 'flozin. I'd bet it might go almost as quickly as it appeared, unless there were other weight gain/loss factors in play.
Only the diet hasn't been 800cals or strict low carb with low fat.
I wish i could just have diabetes then thyroid would have a better dynamic. Also liver hasn't been detoxed for a while but awaiting liver shrinking diet plan in next few weeks.
My op should be before end of June or they may get fined. I just need the right time for my surgeon to be fully refreshed and alert. Whatever that date is.

I'm delighted I have 800cals and Dapagliflozin to rely on to satisfy the criteria otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out, for sure.
Strict low carb but no cheese, nuts or cream also works. Either diets have me hungry, bad tempered and energy-less. In fact low carb makes me more pain and inflammation sensitive.... for me.
Just thankful I have options. After op it changes. Everyone is different. Some cannot tolerate their previous favourites.

I read somewhere that if you crave a food type it's due to being sensitive to it and your body craves it because its not getting processed properly. Not sure how true.
I've not heard nut allergy people craving nuts. You? I wonder how their new treatment is panning out. They are given small amount of peanut, then slowly reintroduced to acceptable level so not to harm.
Carbs seem to have same reaction if very slowly reintroduced in small measures... .. some members are saying.
I know dieticians not happy to eliminate carbs from diabetic diets but all coming around to less carbs. :) :) :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only the diet hasn't been 800cals or strict low carb with low fat.
I wish i could just have diabetes then thyroid would have a better dynamic. Also liver hasn't been detoxed for a while but awaiting liver shrinking diet plan in next few weeks.
My op should be before end of June or they may get fined. I just need the right time for my surgeon to be fully refreshed and alert. Whatever that date is.

I'm delighted I have 800cals and Dapagliflozin to rely on to satisfy the criteria otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out, for sure.
Strict low carb but no cheese, nuts or cream also works. Either diets have me hungry, bad tempered and energy-less. In fact low carb makes me more pain and inflammation sensitive.... for me.
Just thankful I have options. After op it changes. Everyone is different. Some cannot tolerate their previous favourites.

I read somewhere that if you crave a food type it's due to being sensitive to it and your body craves it because its not getting processed properly. Not sure how true.
I've not heard nut allergy people craving nuts. You? I wonder how their new treatment is panning out. They are given small amount of peanut, then slowly reintroduced to acceptable level so not to harm.
Carbs seem to have same reaction if very slowly reintroduced in small measures... .. some members are saying.
I know dieticians not happy to eliminate carbs from diabetic diets but all coming around to less carbs. :) :) :)

Allergies and carb cravings are likely to be chemically quite different, I'd wager.

Many people with sensitivities will crave that food, because it gives them a cortisol/adrenalin reaction boost - caused by the irritation, rather than a positive stimulation. Some could say carb cravings are similar. I'd not associate it with cortisol, but with blood sugar/insulin release, but I haven't fully thought that through enough to rattle it out coherently here.

On the note of the skimmed milks "just being watered down". Is it cheaper? If not, why not, if you're buying less milk and more water?

I'm not sure I'd set much store by the farmer's description myself, but your decisions are your own.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Allergies and carb cravings are likely to be chemically quite different, I'd wager.

Many people with sensitivities will crave that food, because it gives them a cortisol/adrenalin reaction boost - caused by the irritation, rather than a positive stimulation. Some could say carb cravings are similar. I'd not associate it with cortisol, but with blood sugar/insulin release, but I haven't fully thought that through enough to rattle it out coherently here.

On the note of the skimmed milks "just being watered down". Is it cheaper? If not, why not, if you're buying less milk and more water?

I'm not sure I'd set much store by the farmer's description myself, but your decisions are your own.
Its always good to get a second opinion. ;) Thanks. You are a good sounding board and tell me about other angles. It's appreciated. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've decided to monitor my weight heavily so I'll weigh myself on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays for a few weeks. I will either note my findings here or privately (as not to hog thread). ;)

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 2kgs from added 5kgs. It's a delight knowing that milkshakes help with weight loss.
They did in the 80s and still do.

Hej dear good looking on your avatar hope you are doing fine ?

My weight has raised to 97 kg so going the wrong direction in my case , but hopefully now I’ll get healtier and fit for fight from now on

What is in those miracle milkshakes you mention here ?

Reactions: Prem51

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a gain to 268lbs over the last bank holiday weekend, after hoping to stay around 256. I had a very bad binge episode lasting 4 days.

261 this morning after doing OMAD this week.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Haven't posted here for a while - maybe a year? - but feels good to see people I recognise meeting/working hard on their goals. Today I am just under 72 kgs @11 st 4.6 lbs which is lowest I have been including periods of fasting last summer. Not sure I want to go lower but my current tussle is between eating enough cals from fat and losing said fatty cals to local sewage works. First time in nearly 4 years that has been a problem.
Edited to correct stones to 11:banghead:

Last edited:

Gail1947

We have gone low carb and that seams to stop hunger pangs so fasting has bean extended to evening meal to evening meal with just water, black coffee etc in between. Working for me and hubby. The carbs get turned into sugar and you blood sugar spikes then a few hours later you need another fix! We have stopped that. We have lost 5stone between us over a year.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, a rain shower stopped me working in the garden. Took the opportunity to watch Volek and Phinney vids and follow up with some of the unexplained points. According to them I am up to 1 stone below upper reference weight for a 6 foot male - 11 s 4 to 12 s 1 - and massively under consume protein. Could this be why I always feel hungry and under powered? They don't seem to be as loved as Jasey baby - anyone have thoughts on their views re Fung as intuitively their target weight and protein level appeals to me as likely to be more functional.

Last edited:
Reactions: enb54

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday May 17 weight is still 183 lb (83.2 kg), I have gotta stop eating those pork rinds (cracklings?)!!! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hej dear good looking on your avatar hope you are doing fine ?

My weight has raised to 97 kg so going the wrong direction in my case , but hopefully now I’ll get healtier and fit for fight from now on

What is in those miracle milkshakes you mention here ?
My hospital recommended these retailed by superdrug chemists called Slender Plan Instant meal replacement shakes. I buy chocolate, caramel and strawberry ones. They do a latte flavoured one too. All near the 200cals mark. I have 3 and a veg only dish per day.
Lately I haven't been strict but I received a op date today. Mid June. I'm excited and a little nervous. My medical team have been supportive and the shy bariatric team are coming around to my personality. Which isn't typical of a Sunderland one. I may come across a bit odd but I am who I am. I have to compromise myself to fit into my siblings's lifestyle, who I had moved away from decades ago. I just didn't fit in.
Milkshakes (low carb/calories) and discipline. It works for me. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My hospital recommended these retailed by superdrug chemists called Slender Plan Instant meal replacement shakes. I buy chocolate, caramel and strawberry ones. They do a latte flavoured one too. All near the 200cals mark. I have 3 and a veg only dish per day.
Lately I haven't been strict but I received a op date today. Mid June. I'm excited and a little nervous. My medical team have been supportive and the shy bariatric team are coming around to my personality. Which isn't typical of a Sunderland one. I may come across a bit odd but I am who I am. I have to compromise myself to fit into my siblings's lifestyle, who I had moved away from decades ago. I just didn't fit in.
Milkshakes (low carb/calories) and discipline. It works for me. :)

oh, thanks for the information on the milkshakes and how you manage...

I am so happy to find you have finally gotten the operation date... wishing all the best for you and a fine recovery.... afterward, I love people with a personality of their own... sometimes we are by the way also in need of it if a lot goes wrong and we have to fight along our steps in life...

I have read that most feel satiated after the operation and don´t need to eat much.. some need injections of vitamin B12 for the rest of their life... but that is manageable , hope you are among those that do fine with the operation...

best wishes <3 :)