Weekly weigh in - Fridays

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @alf_Josiah , I’m so glad that you and the previous posters want to pick up this thread. I really need to lose weight and I know that in the past posting here helped keep me on track and it is a great way to encourage each other.

@Annb Im sorry about your medication problem. The dietitian does not sound very helpful.

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @danziger wow you’ve been doing fantastically well! You must find it much harder when you are unable to exercise. Hope to see you on here next Friday.

Thank you! Yes, it does add an extra challenge for sure, but when it comes to lowering blood sugar and losing weight, food does seem to be the key!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm 97kg in total....just before my high risk back operation.
I haven't weighed myself but my new dietician will next month too.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, not a good start! I weighed in at 148lbs last week and I’m 149 this week! But I have got my morning blood sugar more on track so that’s something.

Reactions: Annb and alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening fellow scale crushers.
A 14st 7lb today, same as last week……. I think.

Reactions: Annb

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @alf_Josiah nice to see you again. Well done. I think I put a lb on but I’m not unhappy. I’ll try harder next week:)

valann

The problem with losing weight, I think, is the medication I am taking. I have to take a cocktail of pills and insulin and then extra ones to try to allow me to move at all. But I can keep on trying. Dieticians tell me I am wasting my time.

Hi Annb, I have the same problems, far too many tablets for far too many conditions do not make it easy to lose weight, then add in not being able to exercise feels like a brick wall at times. But we will get there slowly and so far I personally haven't found a positive dietacian yet!
I don't have a set of scales now, fell out with them years ago for the above reasons. But am losing weight slowly was 76kg at Easter, dropped down to 72kg by June and am now 70kg (weighed at chemist today).
Will buy some scales and join you all weekly. :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not happy. Hadn't weighed for a few weeks. Have been on holiday, lots of walking and sensible low carb. Clothes felt looser, but scales say up 2 lbs.
May not be a lot but means I'm now 4 lbs over where I want to be at 10st 4

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not happy. Hadn't weighed for a few weeks. Have been on holiday, lots of walking and sensible low carb. Clothes felt looser, but scales say up 2 lbs.
May not be a lot but means I'm now 4 lbs over where I want to be at 10st 4
If your clothes feel looser, could you have gained some muscle mass from all that walking? On the other hand, 2lbs is such a small amount, my weight typically fluctuates more than that each day…

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.10 stone. Happy with that, 50 carbs a day and weight now stable last few weeks. I dont look good under 12 stone bit of a boney boy :)

Reactions: Annb

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@valann you are doing really well with your steady weight loss. It really is hard when you can’t exercise. I was like that for a while and really struggled but I’m now able to swim.
@MrsA2 dont be despondent I think @Lobsang Tsultim has made an excellent point that you could have increased muscle
@ultradad well done!

Last edited:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, I hope everyone is happy, well and keeping cool. I weighed in at 149lbs last week but weighed 147.5 this week so I’m happy. It may not be a lot but it’s going in the right direction. :)

Reactions: filly