Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
I had my hair cut short this week, also about 6 inches off! Maybe that's why I lost more weight this week. I am really pleased with my new look, do you like yours?

Yes I love my new look, feel that I look so much better :)

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Evening from Canberra this Sunday
82.6kg today or 182.1 lb which is a loss this week of 2.2lb
FBG's good 4.2 to 4.7 this week
Target is 174lb so 8lb to go

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
:)I'm just going to keep going till I just disappear altogether.

D

debrasue

I weigh my self daily as a recent study has shown that people who do so tend to lose weight faster and if they continue to do so once they have attained their desired weight do not put the weight back on.

This morning I weighed in at 13St 8lbs a loss since yesterday of 2lbs

Over the last few months have been losing on average 1 - 2lbs a day
1 or 2lb per DAY? You're going to disappear completely!!!! (And I need to know EXACTLY what you're eating so I can do it too!)
:)

Reactions: 4 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I lost 7 #s in 2 weeks and was stuck there for over a month. Went on vacation and gained 2 but now lost 3.5 in a week. Odd. The good news is I never saw bs over 100 on vacation. Not sure how that happened. I didn't eat anything I don't normally but I did eat more of it as I was the chef. Picking, tasting etc. Still hoping to lose 2 more pounds but I'm ok with it if I don't. I just needed it to stop going up. I cut back on fat and switched red wine to vodka. They both probably contributed but I really think it was the wine. Any thoughts?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
1 or 2lb per DAY? You're going to disappear completely!!!! (And I need to know EXACTLY what you're eating so I can do it too!)
I have eased up of late and as getting closer to my old weight it is getting harder I did something that most people here would not recommend for the last few months I have limited myself to between 100 to 150 calories breakfast around 200 calories at mid day and around 300 to 350 calories for evening meal I do have odd snacks but only by adjusting other calories down while keeping carbs at a minimum and taking the rest of the calories over the number of calories in the carbs eaten in protein and fat. I have done this as I am very limited in the amount of exercise I can do. Believe me it's been tough going but am now sort of used to it and at times can't believe the amount of food I used to eat. But it's not for every one.

Sorry forgot to mention am now approaching the six stone lost mark about 7lb to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sound similar to what I do John and I am quite comfortable with it but I am also a woman and smaller. I envy people who eat large meals but in the end smaller meals suit me better. I also find with a very small BF my bs is better all day. If BF isn't right the whole day is shot

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Now I know why my motto is "every little helps" - I weighed 0.2 lbs less this morning :)

Reactions: 3 people

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
last couple of weeks my weight was going up and down. My problem is I love fruit. Especially pomegranate and oranges. I don't over eat them. But like to have one every day.
Today I weighted 74.9.# I am low carbing as well.

Reactions: 8 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thursday weigh in, another 1.75lb off so now 13st 4.5lb.
Seeing the diabetic nurse next Tuesday, she weighs me in kg so now 84.6kg, under the psychological goal of 85kg ;)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
9st 12lbs today, 1 lb more than last Friday. I seem to be sticking at around this weight, which is ok.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I haven't lost anyting this week, but at least I haven't put on. I'm now 11 stone exactly and I want to be under 10! The weight loss has definitely slowed right down, I need to be stricter. It hasn't helped that the exercise has slipped this week as well - I usually go to the gym every evening but have had to miss two sessions this week due to work commitments.

Reactions: 11 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well weight today 12 stone 13 lb that's 1 pound lost but that's despite having decided not to be so strict any with diet till after have had my operation. Getting below 13 stone was a major ambition for me. So I am quite chuffed. :)

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know its Saturday.
At end of gym session 74.9 kg add 0.5 kg for fluid replacement and I'm still down.
I'm getting to kocky!
Need to stop grazing.

Ta ta.

Reactions: 9 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning from Canberra this Sunday
82.2kg today or 181.2 lb which is a loss this week of .9lb
FBG's good 4.2 to 5.2 this week
Target is 174lb so 7 lb to go
Had a ****** of a week little exercise (bad knee playing up) and the black dog has been nipping at the heels all week so a pretty good result

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Early Tuesday weigh in as off to see diabetic nurse for first 3 month check in an hour, have lost 1.25lb so now 13st 3.25lb.

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, starting weight in Jan this year when diagnosed 78kg = 12st 4lbs since being on LCHF diet
Feb 74kg = 11st 9lbs
April 68kg = 10st 10lb
seem to be stuck on this will see what diabetic scales say they may be different from mine.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
weighed last Friday (29th) 73.9 Kg. Same weight today. Very slow weight loss. Fasting BG is 6.7mili moles /per L. Doing lchf.

Reactions: 8 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Weighed my self this morning am now 12st 10lb that's 3lb lost in last six days :)
Hospital food next week to God alone knows what's going to happen.:eek:

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost 8lbs over the last 4 weeks - so a good steady loss (although my chocolate cake disaster last night might not have helped) :rolleyes: