Weekly weigh in - Fridays

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the waistline and its accompanying tummy, the disappearing belly button, the way clothes fit, ;an underlying wish to have a reason to be vain, unachieved goals of middle age, fighting against the night, awcret (no0w no so) wish to purchase and ear a bikini and the imagined ahs instead of sounds of horror at that revealing result, ya know, all those vain kinds of things, who am I to complain cause my life is good?

Contralto, I'm not trying to influence your decision making or be critical, but I would like to share some of my experience on this body change experience.

When I was diagnosed, I didn't set out to lose weight. Sure, I had some love handles and a few extra pounds, but my sole goal was my blood numbers. That said, as I changed my diet around, and ate to my meter, I did lose weight, and fairly quickly, to the extent I have ended up very slim, with a BMI where I fend off underweight, and similar to your own findings the alternative BMI assessment site suggests adding a few kilos could be helpful. However to my real point:

Clearly when I was losing weight my body shape changed; mainly for the better, although my arms aren't the best they have ever been, BUT, once I stabilised my weight, my body shape continued to change. It was almost like as I lost, my body sacrificed what it could whilst losing weight quickly, then as it stabilised, the clever old body settled and sort of moderate. It's almost like shaking out a duvet in the morning. The lumps and bumps created during the night are smoothed out.

Could it be worth just maintaining for a couple of months? Aside from anything else, it would prove to you you can maintain a level weight, without yo-yoing? That was what I really didn't want; that yo-yo effect.

If you stabilised for a couple of months and see where your body settles, you could be better informed. If it's any consolation, my waist was the last thing to nip in tight. I had carried my weight around my middle and at the point of stabilising, i was sort of column shape, whereas now I do have a definite waist.

That's just my experience and perspective.

Reactions: Liam1955

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Well all that weight I lost I have put back on...talk about yo-yo dieting!! I have eaten pretty much the same for the last 8 weeks or more, and I am still 15.12!!!!! went down to 15.6 last week but am back up again.

I read somewhere on the forum of someone else who has stayed the same. I can not remember where it was now. I would love to talk to you!

Hi Ellagy,

I was diagnosed 18 months ago - it took me 10 months before I really tried to go low carb high fat - as I was following NHS guidelines and my diabetes was not making much improvement at all and medication was being increased. When I decided to try the LCHF I did it very gently and proved to myself that firstly my blood glucose levels did lower and I did lose a little weight - so I tried then to go for the LCHF way of life - have found I really struggle to keep the carbs really low - but in general the blood glucose levels continued to improve and I continued to lose weight albeit very slowly.
Finally my last HbA1c came back at pre-diabetic levels and I was thrilled.......
Since then I have not lost anymore weight it seems to have stayed the same now for a month - I am doing my best to take the positive and be very pleased that I have not put weight on and continue to hope that the weight loss will return in time.
Right now I am not able to make changes to my food choices as I feel for now I am doing all I can, so I am looking at things that this is maintaining my weight loss and this is a good thing.

I am sorry you have gained what you lost and I hope you are able to get back to how things were - I consider this a long road and the odd stumble along the way is only to be expected.

If my story was not the one your were talking of then please accept my apology for replying to you but I hope something of what I have said might just help in some small way.

Reactions: sagan07

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
@srobertson06 Hi and thank you very much for your words. I don't know why I have put it back on again, it s a mystery to me. I have about 20-30 grams of carbs a day so I should have both low blood sugars and be losing weight! FBG is still in the low 11's but my daytime figures are around 5.6 so I guess I have to accept that is how it is with me! Getting half of it right seems to be my lot! ;)

Reactions: Prem51

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Has the carbs crept back in - even in small amounts? Are you less active than before - both of these I put down to not losing the weight is that I have perhaps eaten what I know I should avoid and because I have felt not too well for a few weeks the exercise has decreased so perhaps another reason.
Anyway hang on in there and don't feel bad we can only do what we can manage at the time.
Your day time numbers are amazing, I rarely get into the 5. region.:)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Has the carbs crept back in - even in small amounts? Are you less active than before - both of these I put down to not losing the weight is that I have perhaps eaten what I know I should avoid and because I have felt not too well for a few weeks the exercise has decreased so perhaps another reason.
Anyway hang on in there and don't feel bad we can only do what we can manage at the time.
Your day time numbers are amazing, I rarely get into the 5. region.:)
Well I have had 19.5g carbs today so I really don't think the managed to sneak in :) I am not exercising at all due to a TIA the other week but nothing that should have added 6lbs to my weight! :(

Sorry to hear you have not been well, Life just isn't fair is it? :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I stabilized my weight before joining the forum. Been stable for nine years. Joined the forum when I was forced to go off a drug and my A1C had ticked up. Daily struggle
Ah, apologies, it was your reference to losing further weight that made me assume you had been on a trimming up journey.

Oh well, we all know what to assume does...... ;)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. The good news I've lost 1lb this week.
But because I weigh myself during week I forget what my weight was on the Friday. Therefore I'm going to start giving my weight as well as my loss so I can keep track more easily. Therefore weight today 163 lbs. I use lbs as when I log it in myfitnesspal it needs to be in lbs.
After all my swimming this week I hoped for a bigger loss but I'm happy to have lost something. :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I lost a pound this week, I'm now 10 stone 12. Just another 5 pounds till I hit my target!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Haven't posted for a while because weight has been oscillating quite a bit over the last few weeks but am starting again today. My weight today is 11 St 5 lb and that is 2 Lb below what was my original goal weight. Wife is getting a bit concerned that I may be should stop now and try to maintain this weight. Neurologist thinks if I loose much more weight energy levels will suffer but I think a few more pounds lost would be OK.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
4/11 - Morning.
Again I have not lost any weight or put any on, just remain at 13 stone exact and have done for past 6weeks.
But, I am pleased for those who have:) Well Done to those people.

Reactions: mo53 and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm 142 lbs today. Up 1 lb from last Friday. I haven't been walking much lately as it's been grey and gloomy. I feel more like walking when it's bright, or I can at least see some blue sky. It's grey again today but will try to motivate myself to do at least 10k steps.

Reactions: mo53 and noblehead

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Weighed in yesterday - after a few weeks of not losing anything I was completely at a loss to discover I have lost 4lbs this week.....
Delighted, amazed and very pleased - I did not change anything I was doing to the previous few weeks so I think it is just the way my body works - but I am happy to take the result.
Hoping you all doing equally well and if you are struggling I am sending you a hug - don't think of giving up just try and see it as a normal part of life.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Weighed in yesterday - after a few weeks of not losing anything I was completely at a loss to discover I have lost 4lbs this week.....
Delighted, amazed and very pleased - I did not change anything I was doing to the previous few weeks so I think it is just the way my body works - but I am happy to take the result.
Hoping you all doing equally well and if you are struggling I am sending you a hug - don't think of giving up just try and see it as a normal part of life.
I find that i am very similar. For a few weeks no loss then suddenly down quite a bit. It is almost like my body is resistant to the drop.

Reactions: Liam1955

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I haven't posted for a while because of a silly reason ....

I have those digital scales and used to stand on them twice before I even looked at the weight - because we dont have a hard floor and I thought the scales would settle by the time I stood on them the second time.

Turns out that the first reading is more or less accurate - darn it !!! .... so am trying to catch up to where I was before with trying to lose 2 kg ... oh well

Fasting day day - been on scale and hopeful (or rather way too optimistic) that this friday will show a weight loss again :D

Reactions: Liam1955 and mo53

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
I'm 142 lbs today. Up 1 lb from last Friday. I haven't been walking much lately as it's been grey and gloomy. I feel more like walking when it's bright, or I can at least see some blue sky. It's grey again today but will try to motivate myself to do at least 10k steps.
We bought ourselves a couple of torches - helps light the way (and avoid dog dirt) ... so have continued to walk during the evening (so far anyway) ...

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post yesterday, weighed 9st 4lbs so a loss of half a pound, happy my weight is stabilizing, don't want to loose much more :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't posted for a while because of a silly reason ....

I have those digital scales and used to stand on them twice before I even looked at the weight - because we dont have a hard floor and I thought the scales would settle by the time I stood on them the second time.

Turns out that the first reading is more or less accurate - darn it !!! .... so am trying to catch up to where I was before with trying to lose 2 kg ... oh well

Fasting day day - been on scale and hopeful (or rather way too optimistic) that this friday will show a weight loss again :D

Magsiess - When I had my scales on a carpeted floor, I bought a wooden chopping board, big enough for the scales to sit on, and that immediately halted the carpet variations. Of course, just a wood off-cut would have been fine.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning I think I have lost 2 lbs is 161.
I bought some new scales and they seem to weigh heavier than my old ones so I have used the result from my old ones which I weighed on last week. :)