Weight loss and dieting

Amanda93

Hi I'm Amanda and I am was pre diabetic and that it was caused by PCOS.I was recently allowed to to stop taking metformin. They said my own risk of course. My last test said that I was at normal levels and the medication made me feel awful. I have to take test every so often to make sure I'm managing my insulin levels. I've changed my diet and feel ok now but because I have asthma I'm finding that I'm exhausted. Does anyone have advice on how I can balance both the diet and asthma with out putting me back into pre diabetes?
received_3115597655226959.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've changed my diet and feel ok now but because I have asthma I'm finding that I'm exhausted.
Hi @Amanda93 , and welcome to the forum!
Do you mean your diet makes you feel exhausted because of your asthma?
What kind of diet do you follow and do you know why it affects your asthma?

Reactions: Amanda93

Amanda93

I think it affects my asthma because I'm not eating what I used to and my body's trying to a just itself but I'm not sure exactly

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For most people who are type two or in danger of becoming so, controlling blood glucose is the way they reverse it.
Eating a low carb diet, reducing sugar and starch in the diet helps restore normality.
Foods which are low carb include meat, seafood, eggs and cheese, full fat yoghurt and it is usually possible to include low carb veges in salads and stirfries, and berries, the lowest carb content fruits.
Is there anything in that list which would trigger your asthma?