Weight Loss Problems

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
when running you burn 100 calories a mile roughly so 25 miles isn't many calories, i agree with Mo, weight loss is done in the kitchen not the gym, plus upping your miles will be upping your muscles which in turn should help you burn more fat so give it time. 2 pound a month say is a lot of weight loss, its almost 2 stone in a year so don't try to lose shed loads of weight in a quick space of time, there is no need, slow and steady wins the race

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Turvel if you are reducing fat and increasing muscle mass you should be also reducing your insulin resistance and thus find that you are "less" diabetic if you know what I mean . So if your weight is not falling it is still good news. Keep up the great work!

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
I tell you what my problem is Andy my diabetic nurse weighs me and calls me fat and lazy the only way I can go to see her is if I loose weight as she puts me on the scales so I have to loose weight to be taken seriously by them

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I tell you what my problem is Andy my diabetic nurse weighs me and calls me fat and lazy the only way I can go to see her is if I loose weight as she puts me on the scales so I have to loose weight to be taken seriously by them

pffft, you really care what your nurse thinks? pffft pffft and double pffft, if she thinks making muscle, reducing your size, reducing your carbs, improving your health in general and running 25 miles a week is a reason to call you fat and lazy, then not take you seriously then she just dosent matter!

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'd demand to see another Nurse Steve!! Calling you fat and lazy is bang out of order!:(

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391249025.076636.jpg

Don't judge by weight alone !

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Eating high fat etc I just find that I don't feel full and often feel sick

I eat a calorie controlled low fat diet, that lost me 4 stone.
I did find I lost quite quickly though, and combined it with exercise so my muscle tone altered dramatically as well.
(Mind you, I couldn't do the high fat, even the 50g added into the soup would have added in 400 extra calories, which was about twice my normal lunchtime allowance overall!)
It was mainly healthy salad, veg, and a small amount of meat and fish.
I've increased it a bit now, as I'm near enough where I want to be, and an tapering off the weight loss. Still fairly low fat though, but really watching the scales rather than calorie counting.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I guess I need to stop slaving to the sacked then. But I'm right to carry on with the running tho right ?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
sure why not, if it makes you feel good then do it, if it makes you feel bad then do it

lol

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I guess I need to stop slaving to the sacked then. But I'm right to carry on with the running tho right ?

Keep up the good work ! If you get fed up of running, try something else. Ideally, it's good to keep the body guessing by varying workouts but even more important to just keep exercising. Diabetes can put our cardiovascular system at risk so important to stay healthy :)

cratat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being diabetic, struggling with food choices
I would keep up with the running but add some gym work in also, I'm also struggling with weight loss even though I joined a gym and started running I saw a nutritionist and he recommended low carb diet to help

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks guys I'll try a week of LCHF next week and still do the running and report back :) I will also take body measurements etc to compare

Father Jack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the body fat versus muscle thing is the key turvell. As a former body builder and rugby player I still weigh 94kg altough my waist size is 36in. According to BMI iI am still borderline overweight/ obese. Fortunately my diabetic nurse is somewhat more enlightened than yours and she told me that it would not be right for me to lose much more weight. If you are feeling fitter and stronger and your body shape is improving I would not worry. Trust your BG meter if the readings are ok gain comfort from that. I have just scored 32 on my latest HbA1c test and my diabetes as been declared as reversed. One size does not fit all!