Weight Watchers is BRILLIANT

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I am a Type 1 diabetic and tried to find different ways to lose some weight i.e calorie counting, low carb etc...
I then see a advert about Weight Watchers i have heard about it before but thought it was another one of those diets that just ends up costing you loads of money for nothing. I only needed to lose approx 1st 7lb thats what i thought anyway, i decided to give weight watchers a try. Went for my first weigh in and was 10st 10lb (i was shocked) i was then tild what i had to do i keep to the diet religiously and went for my weekly weigh ins and eash week i was losing anything from 4lb to 2lb
it was great and it never caused problems with my diabetes if anything i needed less insulin,this gave me encouragement to carry on until i reached my goal weight. 4 months later i had reached my goal
and become a weight watchers gold member, at the end of it my weight came down to 8st 12lb and i could fit easily into my size 12 jeans again. A year on i am still watching what i eat and if i go a little over the 9st mark i do a week of my pro points and it comes off. I recommend this to anyone who wants to lose weight it is BRILLIANT!!!

tracey167

N

nicbarnett

That's brilliant, well done. Surely with ww you have to count points by weighing everything etc and you surely have to do the same again by counting carbs ? Is this not a pain in the bottom x

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi nicbarnett

To be perfectly honest it was no problem at all i brought myself the weight waters calculater that calculates how many pro-points everything has and into it you put in amount of protien, carbs, fat and fibre so really the only extra thing i had to do at the end was to look at the carb amount as well as the points. I did'nt buy none of the weight watchers meals i got marks & spencers count on us meals as they show the pro points on the back of the pack and they taste lovely as well. Also its a healthy diet as all fruit and veg (apart from peas and asparagus) have no pro points so if ever i got peckish i nibbled on a piece of fruit.

tracey167

Elc1112

Well done with the weight loss, Tracey! :) I have to say, I have akways found diets like weight watchers haven't worked for me as I've found then hard to stick to. Just goes to show, different things work for different people. What matters, though, is that you managed to lose the pounds and reach your target. Now the bad news... You'll need a whole new wardrobe ;)

Em

Sever

I found weight watchers to be an expensive diet especially since i still need to feed my family i would do it if it was cheaper lol, congrats on the weight loss though !

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
wow well done!!! that's fantastic!

I've always wondered about weight watchers and similar schemes and how they would go with being type 1 diabetic. So I read your post with great interest. It's good to know you found it so helpful and that you were able to reduce insulin levels too is even better. Well done you!!

Reactions: lcarter