weird smell

jimbob72

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
TORIES AND EXTREME RIGHT WINGERS
Hi I was wondering if anyone gets a weird smell like urine, that only they can smell. Its driving me mental and keep thinking its coming off me when I know it isnt.
Type 2 diagnosed 5th october 2011 diet controlled

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
How strange, is it there all the time :?

jimbob72

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
TORIES AND EXTREME RIGHT WINGERS
No. i think its when my levels are high :?

dib

I know my urine can smell different when levels are high, not sure why, almost like I have eaten asparagus when I haven't!

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
Could be keytones or if your dehydrated I remember when I was dka December 2010 pre diagnosis mine stank realy bad u can get urine test strips down chemist bit expensive but can save time at gp

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Have you tried aiming downwards?

Seriously, this is very strange and I've never heard of it. I tried googling under several related topics and found nothing. Good luck in finding a cure, it must be dreadful! :(

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This could be where you live, Something in the air that gets to you and not others, a bit like hay fever.
If you are in a a small town or village,the farms may be using sprays etc; that affect you.
Best see your GP or ENT, as there may be a sinuses or tonsils infection.

Keep in touch with the outcome of this unusual smell.

Roy, :)

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are doing low carb like atkins, this can be a side effect

vibez_well

Type of diabetes
Type 2
martwolves said:
Have you tried aiming downwards?

laughed till tears rolled out :lol: i was so stressed about my recent diagnosis and "what to eat crisis", but that one helped to let off some pressure.

jimbob, i hope it goes off soon buddy, am sure its a temp thingie. mind plays tricks on us when we're all wound up tight.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Jim/Vibez

I am pleased to have been the source of mirth on this occasion, hopefully providing a bit of light relief to what is surely an extremely frustrating condition. All the very best for the future.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I meant high blood sugar, not high stoned lol

Haha, I believe u

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app