Well, I have my latest HbA1c results back...

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... and it's 50! Down from 95 in Jan 19, on diagnosis. Diet only!
Feel a bit disappointed tbh cos I've tried so hard with the Lchf way of eating, but I have had DP from time to time and liver dumps which I've tried to combat.
My cholesterol etc is all OK so that's something at least
Anyway, onwards and upwards or should I say downwards, regarding my hba1c! :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... and it's 50! Down from 95 in Jan, 19, on diagnosis. Diet only!
Feel a bit disappointed tbh cos I've tried so hard with the Lchf way of eating, but I have had DP from time to time and liver dumps which I've tried to combat.
Anyway, onwards and upwards or should I have downwards, regarding my hba1c! :)
Almost halved in three months is pretty darn good so well done you.. Next time it will be lower if you stick to the plan..

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost halved in three months is pretty darn good so well done you.. Next time it will be lower if you stick to the plan..
Thank you I do plan to stick to plan. I've also started counting the carbs (which I never did before) so least I know how many I have a day now and can see where I can cut them down in certain meals

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s a huge drop! Well done! Keep up the good work, remember this is a marathon not a sprint x

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s a huge drop! Well done! Keep up the good work, remember this is a marathon not a sprint x
Thank you. I did think that actually :) just got to stop comparing myself to others who have done it quicker than me

Reactions: Freema

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

That is an excellent result. No need to be disappointed with it, you should be doing a jig round the room. It is only 3 months ago that you were 95. Rome wasn't built in a day ..... next time it will be lower if you continue with your low carb eating plan. Well done. :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At my first retest after diagnosis I had dropped from 91 to 47 - and then at the 6 month test I saw 41 - so with any luck you should do that at least - and that is normal!!
As you were not even carb counting that is really good - and it gives you another lever to lower blood glucose.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is an excellent result. No need to be disappointed with it, you should be doing a jig round the room. It is only 3 months ago that you were 95. Rome wasn't built in a day ..... next time it will be lower if you continue with your low carb eating plan. Well done. :)
Thank you I do plan to stick with the Lchf way of eating I've also started counting the carbs too as I never did before

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At my first retest after diagnosis I had dropped from 91 to 47 - and then at the 6 month test I saw 41 - so with any luck you should do that at least - and that is normal!!
As you were not even carb counting that is really good - and it gives you another lever to lower blood glucose.
I hope so. That's what I'm thinking now about starting to count the carbs hopefully it will help me see lower levels

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Goodness me! You really have nipped it in the bud right there and I am so proud of you! :cat:

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations and give yourself a raise! ...Or at least a pat on the back...

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Wow, very well done! What I would say is don't compare yourself too much with most of the people on here at this stage, don't forget they are amongst the cream of type 2s and work extremely hard and diligently to get there. Compared with the rest of the diabetes society YOU are an absolute star and should be given a medal. You strike me as someone who is well on their way to that elusive club anyway but don't forget you are competing with the best and you are keeping up. x