Not much easier, but maybe easier to tell someone else how to find it

*DARK theme, Android via web

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone know how to change the bit that appears under your Avatar- the bit that says T2, tablets etc, I’ve looked everywhere I can think of to do it but just can’t find it - thanks

Reactions: jjraak

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone know how to change the bit that appears under your Avatar- the bit that says T2, tablets etc, I’ve looked everywhere I can think of to do it but just can’t find it - thanks
Click on your avatar on the top right of your screen, this will take you to settings and you can alter the information there.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the confidence & support of idea :)

Sadly due to personal issues, I wouldn't be of much use, ( anxiety issues since accident.
Sounds petty, but just the thought had my mind racing :sorry:)

But I would be more then happy with a less anxious role contributing & supporting someone.or group.
No worries, I definitely don't want you to deal with extra anxiety due to this!
I'll set up a thread later today or tomorrow and tag you in it, very happy you'll be able to help contributing. Like I said, I'm a bit too chaotic to work it out.

• Agree

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fear not, I'm definitely not doing instruction videos, my brain is wired in the same way as yours!
Still, I hope that at some point in the future someone will do new videos, as many people are good at processing visual information. Plus, in a video you can show people what happens if you hit a particular button. :)

But first, let's try to make a written guide!
Can we wait until the tech team have finished tweaking?
It looks as if they are continuing their agile development and taking on board most of the requests.

I am probably too late to offer but if there is a future update planned, I would happily be a beta tester before inflicting changes to an unsuspecting audience. I think many of the concerns could have been avoided with some beta testing with forum users.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hello again folks!

Just wanted to share a quick update on some issues we've resolved today.

✅ Forum colour scheme - A blue variant of our default theme has been added for anyone who doesn't want to use the red theme!

✅ Post reactions - Post reactions now match what we had in place before updating the forum. Unfortunately, the main limitation currently is that old post reactions will no longer appear. This is because that we previously used a customised plugin to handle this functionality, which has been depreciated as the developer sadly passed away.

✅ Online status pulsing - We received reports that the 'pulsing' animation of members' online status was causing some distress so this has been disabled. You can still tell if a member is online, but it's now less obnoxious.

And one issue we're still working on...

Revealing profile info in posts - We've re-added profile information beside thread replies (i.e. diabetes type, treatments etc.). Our next task is to make some adjustments to how this information is presented. As you can see, these are currently being truncated. This is far from ideal, so we'll be getting it fixed ASAP.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We now appear to have type and medication information under avatars, THANK YOU!
The display seems to have changed again slightly with greys used for menu headers. They seem a bit light for me - perhaps a little darker shade?
For me on an iPad - full-screen, landscape, they are all truncated including type. Could the label just say ‘type’ or ‘diabetes type’ to make it shorter, or could the type itself just go underneath the title?

Screen shot attached.
B86D598F-E298-4D94-9B18-9F6AB66424C9.jpeg

• Winner

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the trouble being that when I have "medium" font size I get the first but when I go "large" font size I get the second. Which is less than optimal.
Thanks! That explains why I can’t see the ‘type’. I have my settings on large - even then the text isn‘t terribly large.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me on an iPad - full-screen, landscape, they are all truncated including type. Could the label just say ‘type’ or ‘diabetes type’ to make it shorter, or could the type itself just go underneath the title?

Screen shot attached.View attachment 56258
About to say similar.

Sure it's the format, but if it can be reversed,
As in we input our TYPE...then the strap line is on FAR side, If you know what I mean,. All the immediate info would be on display ?

However your idea is probably more suitable :)

Reactions: Goonergal

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No worries, I definitely don't want you to deal with extra anxiety due to this!
I'll set up a thread later today or tomorrow and tag you in it, very happy you'll be able to help contributing. Like I said, I'm a bit too chaotic to work it out.
Appreciate the post.

Look forward to the thread :cool:

Reactions: Antje77

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am so hating the new layout on my iPad, too much red! I’d like the old format back please as I can’t see any improvements with this yet.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am so hating the new layout on my iPad, too much red! I’d like the old format back please as I can’t see any improvements with this yet.
Have you tried changing to a different style - there is a choice of colours now.

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for speedy response, just looking where to change the colours, can you help? Am a bit slow on this.
At the very very very bottom of the page, below "Forum Statistics on the left hand side a "Style Chooser".
This probably says something like "UI.X" against a slightly darker background. Click on this and select a different option.

Reactions: JaneC and jjraak

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recently used the WOW button on someone's comment, because I thought it was powerful and said what I was feeling too. The other person was upset because they thought it meant I was disapproving and they complained. So the new gizmo;s are not useful at all. I have already pointed out that the LOVE button could be construed as grooming. Also SAD can be used as a derogatory term and as a personal insult.

No matter how many emoticons we have there can be misunderstandings.

In my historic experience there have been posters who have used some of the much loved emotes in a divisive and frankly rude manner, but that's just people.

Those for me, personally, are a nice to have and well down any list of nice to haves.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok I’ve braved it again and can see some define improvements in the last couple of days. I’m mostly seeing diabetes type and some medication details, the emoji reply options have been expanded
Can anyone help with what the difference is between default “ui.x” and plain old “ui.x”?
Why when I have selected in privacy not to show my online status it seems to do so anyway with a green blob in my avatar?
have we lost emoticons in text (the weird little images available in the formatting toolbar previously)? Obviously not high priority I realise