What a difference a few days makes!

mouseee

So, now only 4 days post diagnosis and 3 days on Metformin. There have been some really huge improvements already.
Metformin hasn't disagreed with me too much so I've got to 2 tablets a day.
BG this morning was 8. I know that's high still but it's going the right way. Pre lunch was 7.4 and only 8.4 after lunch.... and I had decided to see what effect crisps had too, so that's a treat that's not off the list.
My thirst has diminished and I actually feel hungry.
I am enjoying the challenge of finding foods I can eat.
It's been difficult to focus when reading as my eyes are still blurry but my glasses are working so I can reduce the font on my phone again!

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I think I'll be speaking for practically everybody on this forum if I say 'Well done and keep going !' I know somebody who was in a similar position a few years ago, but didn't get the right sort of advice. Good luck for the future.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, now only 4 days post diagnosis and 3 days on Metformin. There have been some really huge improvements already.
Metformin hasn't disagreed with me too much so I've got to 2 tablets a day.
BG this morning was 8. I know that's high still but it's going the right way. Pre lunch was 7.4 and only 8.4 after lunch.... and I had decided to see what effect crisps had too, so that's a treat that's not off the list.
My thirst has diminished and I actually feel hungry.
I am enjoying the challenge of finding foods I can eat.
It's been difficult to focus when reading as my eyes are still blurry but my glasses are working so I can reduce the font on my phone again!
Good going! :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Keep at it!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is any help, once I was seeing below 8mmol/l after meals I kept to the same regime and it then dropped to below 7, there was a period of a few weeks when everything went strange with high and low readings, but I just kept going and the numbers then settled down again.
I have just got a new meter and strips and tested last night after dinner, 6.5mmol/l so I seem to be still around the same numbers two years on from getting down to normal.

mouseee

I think I'm feeling better, thanks! The eyes are still blurry but when I stick my glasses on I can see properly. But I have no idea the last time my bg wasn't stupidly high so I can't actually remember what normal might feel like. My bg has stayed below 9 all day, I've just gone up to 3 tablets a day so we'll see what happens with that.

I've been on my own this week as both OH and DD have been away so I have not had to worry about anyone else. That makes it much easier! I was cross with them both as neither of them asked how I was when they got home but OH has made up for it with some thoughtful shopping, all low carb and he's checked the labels on every one!
On my own again next week and have a few things planned, but next week is the beginning of exercise too. Time to load up the phone with an audiobook or two and get going.

Oh, and dropping to really low carbs has already reduced stomach bloating and I have had my belt two holes smaller today!