WHAT AGE WOULD YOU STAY AT?

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
It being my birthday today got me thinking. I'm 41 today and should i be happy about it? What age would you like start fresh from if you could knowing what you know now and why?

riodad

Dislikes
bigots
I would choose 19 i would not drink so much and i would not eat all the rubbish i did .Then i would not have the dreaded D " i would not have married when i did " but thats a different story lol :lol:

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
I think with a question like this the possibilities are endless but the real question is... Could you really have prevented Diabetes?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Doubt I could have prevented diabetes. I would stay at 40. Cos I was wise, sexy, skinny, and fit, and I was having the time of my life. I was newly single after 20 yrs of marriage, had 4 kids under 12. But I loved life and had a ball.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would stay at 21.
That was the happiest time of my life and I was skinny!

My forties has been the worst time of my life so far. I hope fifties will be better. (another 5 years to go though)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
My birth certificate tells me I'm 62 but I'm about 26 inside! Sometimes the outside seems about 90! :( :wink: :lol:

Viv 8)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all...
Remember being both 22 and 32 well...
Am fifty now - tho I can feel ruddy 80 sumdays [when BG levels sky high!!] Duh.
Anyone get a shock when 'looking in the mirror' at yourselves on a 'good day' feeling top of the world to be reminded of the age factor when seeing your image in tesco's . . . :roll: I do . . .
Envy the 'young ones' as I loved and lived my youth ... Best years of my life. Thank goodness for the memories !!!
Now I wonder 'if' will enjoy being 52 ? As it seems to be the 2's with me!!!!
I always encourage the young ones to enjoy and live their youth and take all opportunities life has to offer them.
My best year's of youth n mischief has to be when 32 - 37 years old.
Old enough to know better and yet young enough to live n still get away with things! :p [so I thought...]
Anna.x :)

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I think i would like to stay at 21 then i could have controlled my diabetes better instead of not taking it seriously not bothering doing blood tests and just interested in going out with my friends clubbing every thurs, fri and sat. Now i'n 42 and luckly it has'nt had no major effect so far.... i think as you get older you get more wiser and obviously we grow up and take responsibility.

Tracey167

mistee71

Dislikes
When i grow up i want to be a delinquent. Didn't do it when i was younger so watch out....

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all!

What a great question! Do you know, I wouldn't stay at any age. You live and learn. You laugh and cry. You win and lose and love and hate. There are loads of years I wouldn't want to re-live and loads that I would. But for every year, you gain experience and grow. Life is interesting because every year has the potential to be a new chapter. So, Mistee, Happy birthday - don't dwell, put the last one behind you and onwards and upwards with the next :D

Mind you, if I could have stayed at 35 I wouldn't have diabetes :lol:

Take care

Smidge

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I'm with you, Mistee71 - if I reach 80 I'm going to start smoking again and buy a quadbike. Hell's Grannies Rule OK!

Viv 8)

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
Good question this, but really hard to answer.........

would like to be 10 years younger, but still know everything I know now.

Can get away with more when you are younger, plus its easier to keep up :shock:

Glados

Dislikes
Courgettes.
I liked being 34. At 34 you are fully grown up but not old. People respect your judgement but still expect you to be fun. Your body is in full bloom but not going to wilt for a while yet... Lovely.

I'm 53 at the mo (54 this month) and feel like I'm falling to bits lately. 34 is far in my past, a dim and distant memory...

However, my b/f looks at 34 as being far in his future, as he is 31... I think this makes me the winner of this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SweetHeart

I'm quite happy to be 45 but I'd like to look 30. I often wonder what I'd look like at my age if I hadn't had four children. My sister once said to me, completely straight faced, that if I had just had two children then I'd be as slim as she is (she says she's an 8 ) and not be my curvy size 14. Given the choice, I'd be my size and not look as skinny and (excuse me) haggard as she does from being a heavy smoker for 34 years. In some lights the poor girl looks green.

I'd change a few of things I did or didn't do in my life, but I'd stay my age. I'm kind of enjoying being older and wiser...ok, so the years could do with passing a little slower. Anyway, low-carbing's going to make me look fab! :wink:

Julia

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I'm fitter now, at 73 (last Sunday) than I was when I was 48. I took up tennis again then - I couldn't keep it up while going to work & raising a family.

I wouldn't want to be 60, as I was then diagnosed & was trying to understand a diseased that would cause my death through lots of complications. Nor 69, as those complications set in.

At 65 the church organist left & I resorted to leading the music with my treble recorder, & started to learn keyboard & joined a choir. That has enabled me to play to lead the worship, & I sing regularly with two choirs.

At 73 I have all my faculties, & play tennis & table tennis; preach the Gospel & lead Bible studies & worship. Also my wife is well & active. And go back 3 years & I wouldn't have 2 of my grandchildren. So 73 it is - thank you, Lord Jesus.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've never left my 20's behind :thumbup:

mousemat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
36 - a nice age for a woman.

But it seems to be the age that a few well- known women have died,

I'm 62 now, but the salespeople in Boots won't always accept my pensioners Boots card,as they think I look too young.

I can't work out whether to be annoyed at having to explain myself, or pleased that they think I'm younger.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Wouldn't stay at any age.

No regrets in the first 40 years, and I'm pretty certain that the best is still to come.

Dislikes
big headed people
i wish i was 18 again because when i was 18 i was the most shy person you have ever met worried about what people thought about me, would say boo to a goose ( silly bloody saying). now i am 47 not shy anymore and i don't give a toss what people think of me.

Even though i think i am a decent enough chap :thumbup:

mistee71

Dislikes
singing raspberry, why would you like to be that painfully shy chap again? To me the way you are now is how you should be :thumbup: