Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dog walk yesterday.
Started with sun, blue skies and crisp winter weather.
Ground hard and crispy with frost except for 1 slippery millimetre of mud on top in spots where weak sun had melted frost.
Set off round lake

3 slippy near tumbles later, I slowed down.
Then a brief blizzard disrupted visibility with horizontal flakes, high wind, grey everything, dogs collecting snow blankets, me sheltering in a copse. Not worth blundering off the bank into the lake, eh?

5 mins later, visibility, sun and blue skies returned and walk continued. Only difference was that 1mm of slippy mud over frozen ground had become mud sandwich, frost below, lacey snow above.

More snow fell over night.

There will be none of that walking nonsense today.

Last edited:

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
45 mins on exercise bike while watching iron man

Reactions: SueJB

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
What seemed like several dozen trips to the loo but I think that may be a conservative estimate. Oh dear I have just spilled my coffee over my keyboard.

Reactions: SueJB and DJC3

MDHalstead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
75 mins on the bike indoor, 1 hour swim as the roads were open and I could get to the gym.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am about to shovel the snow and ice from the front path and then forge a path to the car which has a rather impressive snow drift against it (impressive for the SW, anyway), never mind the 1/2 inch thick ice on it, as guess who left the boots with the best grip in there. After that lot, I'll be ready to take on you Iron Man triathlon types any time. Yeah! :dead:

Reactions: Brunneria

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Walked 1 minute through the snow to the bus stop. This was a novel experience as I have never used this bus service!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Yesterday out shopping and Yoga class.

Today heavy snoozing. Miserable outside and no need to go out.

I usually go for a walk each day, but, Meh!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I got dressed for going out which took 10 minutes with the crampons for my boots,getting the zips done up on the almost full length coat meant bending repeatedly. All this was followed by a 20 minute walk to the chemist for the insulin and 20 mins back. Another 10 minutes unfurling and unwinding out of snow clothes. Stayed in today so haven't even reach 1000 steps. "Shocking, positively shocking" Now I wonder where that quote came from?:happy:

Reactions: Brunneria