What Do You Make If This Folks? Zero Carb Wine! Too Good To Be True?

D

Deleted member 308541

It looks like something you buy from the cheap bin at Dan Murphy's.

gabi67

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Really I think it is too good to be true.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My first (slightly :cat: catty :cat:) impression was that it was being marketed as wine for boozy floozies.

The site seems all hype and very little actual information unless I missed some vital links?

Robbity

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Californian Zinfandel 2 for a tenner in Asda ,that's more my kind of wine !!!!
Carol

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Reactions: Sani Thomas

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
There is more carbs than you think.

Total Carbs(g)
Barbera4.10--4.10 Burgundy5.46--5.46 Cabernet Franc3.60--3.60 Cabernet Sauvignon3.82--3.82 Carignane3.53--3.53 Chianti4.011.17-4.01 Claret4.42--4.42 These numbers are just with a small glass and I know I have a larger glass at home..So if I have 3 glasses of red wine at home..I am probably racking up the Carbs. The wine above (Slim wine) is quite expensive. The are doing the sparkling wine in some Tesco stores at 12 quid a bottle. All I know is that the red Merlot that I have has no effect on my BG. The company calls it a healthy wine??..Yet still 10.5% Alcohol. The list is of ordinary wines..I was surprised at the amount of carbs.

Last edited:
S

Sani Thomas

There is more carbs than you think.

Total Carbs(g)
Barbera4.10--4.10 Burgundy5.46--5.46 Cabernet Franc3.60--3.60 Cabernet Sauvignon3.82--3.82 Carignane3.53--3.53 Chianti4.011.17-4.01 Claret4.42--4.42 These numbers are just with a small glass and I know I have a larger glass at home..So if I have 3 glasses of red wine at home..I am probably racking up the Carbs. The wine above (Slim wine) is quite expensive. The are doing the sparkling wine in some Tesco stores at 12 quid a bottle. All I know is that the red Merlot that I have has no effect on my BG. The company calls it a healthy wine??..Yet still 10.5% Alcohol.
Feels as if they are scamming the customers. If I hadn't been counting carbs, I wouldn't have known.
When they say you can enjoy as much as you want guilt free wine, the appear to say that there is no problem getting drunk as long as it is low carb. Hm..

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feels as if they are scamming the customers. If I hadn't been counting carbs, I wouldn't have known.
When they say you can enjoy as much as you want guilt free wine, the appear to say that there is no problem getting drunk as long as it is low carb. Hm..
Oh have just realised..the chart for the wine is nothing to do with (Slim Wine) sorry my mistake the way I have worded it. No this is ordinary wine...A couple of here said that there are hardly any carbs in wine. I was surprised also. I have edited my post to make it more clear

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Californian Zinfandel 2 for a tenner in Asda ,that's more my kind of wine !!!!
Carol
LOL no way would I pay the prices of (Slim Wine)..12 quid for the fizzy one..lol..5 quid for my bottle of red

Reactions: Dodo

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I favour low carb gin.....