285285528_5697719676934324_8332589739467599117_n.jpg

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
it being currently 14 degrees Celsius in my living room and it hasn't been above 15 all day
Is it cold in the Netherlands now?! I thought we were the only ones with a cold summer this year :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it cold in the Netherlands now?! I thought we were the only ones with a cold summer this year :hilarious:
It's definitely cold for the time of year here, everyone is complaining! (Well, they would no matter what the weather would be, complaining about the weather is our national hobby. :hilarious:)
No complaints from me though, I don't like hot weather at all. :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For lack of a thread called "What has your dog eaten today".

My neighbour and his teenage son have an interesting sense of humour, so tonight I found this in my bed, nicely hidden under the duvet!
It's bigger than the dogs but they still believe they can manage. :D

We have something of a running gag between us, my dogs go over to his place multiple times a day to inform him they need treats, neighbour chooses treats based on what's the worst I can find in my bed, because that's where my dogs usually eat or hide their treats.
High on the list are dried chicken feet and anything moist and unidentifyable.

The day before yesterday neighbour slaughtered a couple of male chickens for another neighbour, and I know he tried to get my dogs to run of with a chicken's head, but the dogs didn't want it.
So I guess he's trying to make up for that now! :hilarious:

O'm also pretty sure it wasn't the dogs carrying this one to my bed, neighbour (probably the younger one) must have put it in my bed when I was at the pool this morning.
He must have been so disappointed it took me all day to find it, I'm sure he hoped I'd come running out of the house to hit him on the head with it!

I must admit I jumped when pushing back the duvet just now, but he doesn't read the forum so he'll never know it worked! :happy:

285546567_10225636752379954_6982609629545853993_n.jpg

285358563_10225636753419980_63241938993636064_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

My neighbour and his teenage son have an interesting sense of humour, so tonight I found this in my bed, nicely hidden under the duvet!

We have something of a running gag between us, my dogs go over to his place multiple times a day to inform him they need treats, neighbour chooses treats based on what's the worst I can find in my bed, because that's where my dogs usually eat or hide their treats.

The day before yesterday neighbour slaughtered a couple of male chickens for another neighbour, and I know he tried to get my dogs to run of with a chicken's head, but the dogs didn't want it.

O'm also pretty sure it wasn't the dogs carrying this one to my bed, neighbour (probably the younger one) must have put it in my bed when I was at the pool this morning.
He must have been so disappointed it took me all day to find it, I'm sure he hoped I'd come running out of the house to hit him on the head with it!

I must admit I jumped when pushing back the duvet just now, but he doesn't read the forum so he'll never know it worked! :happy:

The bone must smell better than your cat's do.:D

First day of winter and the temp got down to 12° overnight, winds gone, suns shining, not a cloud in the sky, sub tropical paradise.

It can only get better as the month goes past.

39BSZl6.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

So glad you have a sense of humour. I think I would still be inclined to hit him with it tomorrow morning!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like sardines on toast, the ones that come in tomato sauce are best I find with a sprinkle of ground white pepper.

The pair in the cartoon would enjoy that as well.

285310996_1956390851213791_209898575088970222_n.jpg

Reactions: Annb and Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So glad you have a sense of humour. I think I would still be inclined to hit him with it tomorrow morning!
Not a bad idea at all!
Problem is, he's much quicker than I am and his father is much stronger than I am, so if they team up the likely outcome is me ending up in my own pond...

Having tenants turns out much more adventurous than I ever imagined! :hilarious:

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism

I think if my neighbors had done something like that, my dog would soon have brought them something with a severed head. Even though you don't have a dog. I don't know if you know this fact, but people can't run faster than dogs, so it's necessary that your neighbor runs away not from you, but from your dog:hilarious:

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's definitely cold for the time of year here, everyone is complaining! (Well, they would no matter what the weather would be, complaining about the weather is our national hobby. :hilarious:)
No complaints from me though, I don't like hot weather at all. :)

You are clearly more like the British than I thought - commenting on the weather is our national pass time. Maybe it's because so many of us have Scandinavian/Germanic origins.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I like sardines on toast, the ones that come in tomato sauce are best I find with a sprinkle of ground white pepper.

The pair in the cartoon would enjoy that as well.

285310996_1956390851213791_209898575088970222_n.jpg
I love tinned sardines on toast or not! The ones in tomato sauce are very tasty but I like them in oil or brine - it doesn't matter. What I do like is to make sardine and tomato spread (like the old fashioned pots of fish paste we used to get) using a tin of sardines and some tomato puree, blitzed in a food processor.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's going to be a bad day today. My GP practice changed my normal pain killers (Co-codamol 30/500) after I asked for a review because they are not working as well as they used to. Instead I was recommended to separate them out into paracetemol and codeine phosphate, taken independently but the total dosage is to remain the same. Well - it's not looking good. The paracetemol made absolutely no difference, and nor did the codeine that I took an hour later. I even had to ask Neil to turn the power on for my PC (battery problems) because I couldn't walk across the room to do it myself! Today is my cleaner day - if she remembers to come, so I've been trying to get stuff up off the floors and leave it clear for her. I have managed the bedroom (but omitted changing the bedding which I should have done today) and the 2 bathrooms - just a quick clean standing on one useable leg. Now there is just the kitchen to sort out and I'll be ready for her. I have 2 hours to get it done. I might have to take more than the pharmacist's recommended dose of codeine to do it. Can't take any more paracetemol yet.
Edited to put in a missed comma.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Busy on the phone today - a flurry of phone calls has set up 2 blood tests (including another one for my HBa1c because they didn't get enough last week) and another one at the GP surgery. Tried to get an appointment to speak to a GP but can't get one - they are too busy so had to use the e-consult service. 3 appointments set up with the dentist at last. Arranged to send the Zimmer frame back to the physio department and for them to send out a self referral form so they can assess what I actually do need to stop me falling over.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This post reminds me of the scene in the film The Godfather. About something unpleasant found in bed. Not going to post a clip of the scene. Far too gruesome for our forum. I am sure many will have seen it, though.:bag::wideyed:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This post reminds me of the scene in the film The Godfather. About something unpleasant found in bed. Not going to post a clip of the scene. Far too gruesome for our forum. I am sure many will have seen it, though.:bag::wideyed:

You mean that bit with the horses head?

That is tame to what we see on the television news, movies, serials every day. :meh:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You mean that bit with the horses head?

That is tame to what we see on the television news, movies, serials every day. :meh:
Yup, but posting it could be deemed to be in breach of rules, such as this
  • Posting grotesque and/or offensive content
and I really don’t want to get into trouble. ;):bag:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O'm also pretty sure it wasn't the dogs carrying this one to my bed
Don't be so sure. We caught our 2 kittens manoeuvring a whole baguette (the really long French bread) in through the cat flap one day. They managed even though it was bigger than they were. It hadn't just come from our garden either, but further afield. We never did find out where from.
(Anddon't t even think of telling them that cats don't eat bread...ours do/did!)