Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Brunneria So do the Brie puffs retain their height or do they turn into puddles (like mine)? I trawled the net recently looking for a photo of puffed Brie but couldn't find one.
They go into a blob shape. They definitely don't stay cubes.

Hold on - I will go make some, photograph, and then I'll just have to eat them... Gosh, the lengths I go to to help people out... :angelic:

14:11
image.jpg

Please ignore the ancient silicon tray, and the interested doggy nose at bottom of pic - had to take pic outside in drizzle, to get enough light!

14:14
image.jpg

They took 2 mins plus another 30 secs.
Perfect. The wet look in the dish is the run off fat.
Low fat Brie. Who'da thought?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hold on - I will go make some, photograph, and then I'll just have to eat them... Gosh, the lengths I go to to help people out... :angelic:
Remember to post the pic too, don't just photo them and eat them!

You're a star.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

They look amazing. Not like puddles at all!

I have been making them on siliconny-bakingpaper. Maybe it gets too hot too quickly? Will try again using proper silicon.

Sorry that your kindness made you eat stuff that you hadn't planned. You have taken one for the team and it is much appreciated :joyful:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They look amazing. Not like puddles at all!

I have been making them on siliconny-bakingpaper. Maybe it gets too hot too quickly? Will try again using proper silicon.

Sorry that your kindness made you eat stuff that you hadn't planned. You have taken one for the team and it is much appreciated :joyful:
I am indeed a martyr.
Actually, hadn't eaten since 9am brekkie, and there are worse ways to have lunch!

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only

14:11
View attachment 5951
Please ignore the ancient silicon tray, and the interested doggy nose at bottom of pic - had to take pic outside in drizzle, to get enough light!

14:14
View attachment 5952

They took 2 mins plus another 30 secs.
Perfect. The wet look in the dish is the run off fat.
SUCCESS they look great

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll be eating a large portion of this tomorrow;

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1405794386.715465.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Still on my strict LCHF also called Skaldeman (after the gentleman that made this popular, is written some really good books also availbale in English)
Brekkie - Bullet coffee (coffee with coconut oil and butter, well mixed)
Afternoon coffee with a little coconut oil and jersey cream
Dinner - A lovely marbled sirloin steak, home made bearnaise sauces, kimchi and a small green salad and home grown strawberry
might squeeze in some Jarlsberg cheese

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: scrambled eggs on livlife toast with ketchup. Fennel tea.

Dinner: cauliflower, fine beans and mange tout in Wensleydale and walnut sauce, cauldron sausages, roasted cherry tomatoes. Red wine.

The cheese sauce is amazing! Used Wensleydale instead of Stilton as I am scared of blue cheese :***:

http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/2013/05/22/cauliflower-cheese-with-stilton-and-walnuts/

I have had a surreal week so need real comfort food and lots of wine tonight. The new cheesy veg recipe really hit the spot.

Last edited:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Still on my strict LCHF also called Skaldeman (after the gentleman that made this popular, is written some really good books also availbale in English)
Brekkie - Bullet coffee (coffee with coconut oil and butter, well mixed)
Afternoon coffee with a little coconut oil and jersey cream
Dinner - A lovely marbled sirloin steak, home made bearnaise sauces, kimchi and a small green salad and home grown strawberry
might squeeze in some Jarlsberg cheese
Are those your toes? I read this week that people with diabetes should not paint their toenails as we need to be able to see when our toenails go wrong. I reckoned it was a NICE/NHS conspiracy to make us all have ugly feet and spoil our fun, so bought a bottle of Barry M raspberry. It's lovely :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nobody got me joke then :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Sorry Sue.
But when people don't get MY jokes, I always reassure myself that it is just because the amazing caliber of my wit has just flown over their heads at high altitude. ;)

Food today:

Brekkie: latte (small), bacon and egg
Snack lunch: Brie puffs
Dinner: homemade moussaka, jelly and cream

Carbs - 44g
Cals - 1820
Fats - 92g
Protein - 108g
Again, very approx, cos of home cooking moussaka, and low fatting the Brie

I think this humidity is reducing my appetite :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
At this rate, I shall fade away! :smug: