Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Has anyone tried the ASDA Extra Special Greek Yoghurt? It's a Pru Leith one, with added cream. I noticed it when I was doing my internet shop and though of the HF, LCHFers.
Yes i have...it's lush! Soooo creamy :)

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi
You don't need the met if you reduce your carb intake more. I'm the same as you and my BG only came down once I regularly are less than 30g total carbs a day. I think 100g is quite high for low carbing.

It sounds drastic but it's really not painful. I love all the food I can have now. Embrace fat - it's so satisfying!

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
I think, according to something i read on this website, it was classed as liberal low carb. Seemed like a good place to start. Don't know what to do today though...3rd day with food cravings...nothing in particular, just food generally! Feeling hormonal though and not given in with the carbs...just had a chunk of cheese lol.

Forgot to add, my bg seems acceptable with 100g so long as i split it up.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Over 103g carbs today, in just breakfast and lunch (at 3pm)
Cravings incoming.
:nailbiting:

Popped out for brekkie, since Mr B and I actually have a day off together. Worth celebrating!
But it meant that I was 90mins later than usual sitting down to eat.
:eek:
And the horrible cafe offered a pick-your-own, including eggy bread and a bacon, potato and onion hash.
o_O
So that went well.
:facepalm:
Didn't test, forgot to take my meter

No hunger til 3 at which point we decided sugarsnaps, chicken and onion bhajis were a good idea. Plus a nice blob of coconut yog.
o_O
Delicious.
But sadly 9.3 at 2 hours.
:facepalm:

So I've blown my carb goal of <40g/day out of the water in two meals, and feel restless, sweaty and prickly, with carb cravings gibbering and snarling just over the horizon.

Ironically, I think its the lowest calorie intake this week.
:banghead:

Tonight, I will be mainly eating Brie.
;)

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Asda one but the low fat version- the carb difference was minimal given I only eat a tablespoon a serving and I prefer the less fatty mouth feel. But both are nicer than the Total Fage one as less acidic which is probably not authentic, but hey ho.
Breakfast 1 97% gluten free Heck sausage, mushrooms, turkey rashers
Lunch turkey salad with homemade red slaw
Dinner chicken faijtas in iceberg wraps, feta, homemade hummus, stir fry peppers and onions
snack 1 sq dark nut chocolate as was feeling a bit lightheaded when out

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: 2 cauldron sausages, a fried egg

Snack: 85% chocolate

Dinner: cba cooking tonight so making a grazing platter of snacky things. Pickled silverskin onions, sun dried tomatoes, black olives, applewood smoked cheese, almonds, peanuts, red wine.

Brun was talking about pickled onions earlier so I had to get some...only 4.3g per 100g. Bargain.

suehatton

Bacon and mushrooms on burgen bread.
Exchange bar and grill at the Trafford Centre for lunch/ dinner. I had the saintly hot chicken and bacon salad which was huge and delish.
Might have something later probs cheese.
I am enjoying the fruit/nuts/seeds mix from home and bargain but they are a bit carbalicious at about 11 for a small bag so to have one have to have one less piece of bread. Already had two today so hafta leave it. Well under 1500 cals today and not in the slightest hungry.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: 2 cauldron sausages, a fried egg

Snack: 85% chocolate

Dinner: cba cooking tonight so making a grazing platter of snacky things. Pickled silverskin onions, sun dried tomatoes, black olives, applewood smoked cheese, almonds, peanuts, red wine.

Brun was talking about pickled onions earlier so I had to get some...only 4.3g per 100g. Bargain.

I love pickled onions. And the smoked cheese. My latest obsession is thinly sliced red onion marinated in malt and cider vinegar. Means I can eat it without getting indigestion. You can keep your olives though. Nasty wee salty things.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Forgive me for I have sinned...I thought it was a good idea to order some spare ribs from the local Chinese...only I ordered from the wrong one and when they turned up they were lightly battered. Oh heck...I had to eat them :rolleyes:.

But now I'm really confused. My BG before was 4.9 and at 1 hour it was 7.0 (only tested after 1 hour because I wanted to know the peak - not 2 hours yet so haven't got that data yet). So does this mean I'm now effectively diet controlled (bearing in mind I'm most likely in the prediabetic range anyway).

Sorry for the questions, I suppose I'm just learning about all of this...anyway, onto the food...

Breakfast: bacon and scrambled eggs
Lunch: 1 oat cracker (3.4g carbs), full fat cottage cheese, mini Babybel, celery and cucumber crudites, chicken soup (home made)
Snack: cheese
Dinner: salt and pepper chicken/rib mix (I know, I know...if it's any consolation I didn't eat all of it LOL)

suehatton

On trying to find butter in portion sizes I realised I think I have underestimated how much butter I have been having. Rather that the 25g I think Ive had, its more like 50 if I generously butter 2 toast and poss use some for eggs. That means overall Im not as much under 1500 cals as I thought. My average carbs is 16% which could be lower. I think I gotta ditch the bread. :-(

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I love pickled onions. And the smoked cheese. My latest obsession is thinly sliced red onion marinated in malt and cider vinegar. Means I can eat it without getting indigestion. You can keep your olives though. Nasty wee salty things.
I feel a tat guilty eating lovely snacks and wine. I have a hba1c on Monday...feel like I should be swotting up for the test with lard and broccoli :p But I am on holiday! Yay!

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
On trying to find butter in portion sizes I realised I think I have underestimated how much butter I have been having. Rather that the 25g I think Ive had, its more like 50 if I generously butter 2 toast and poss use some for eggs. That means overall Im not as much under 1500 cals as I thought. My average carbs is 16% which could be lower. I think I gotta ditch the bread. :-(

Yep, bread's not good, for me at least. Had 2 slices and spiked to 9.9...agh! Won't be having that brand again...though I'm ok with a slice of Burgen, just got to keep the poriton size small.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Forgive me for I have sinned...I thought it was a good idea to order some spare ribs from the local Chinese...only I ordered from the wrong one and when they turned up they were lightly battered. Oh heck...I had to eat them :rolleyes:.

But now I'm really confused. My BG before was 4.9 and at 1 hour it was 7.0 (only tested after 1 hour because I wanted to know the peak - not 2 hours yet so haven't got that data yet). So does this mean I'm now effectively diet controlled (bearing in mind I'm most likely in the prediabetic range anyway).

Sorry for the questions, I suppose I'm just learning about all of this...anyway, onto the food...

Breakfast: bacon and scrambled eggs
Lunch: 1 oat cracker (3.4g carbs), full fat cottage cheese, mini Babybel, celery and cucumber crudites, chicken soup (home made)
Snack: cheese
Dinner: salt and pepper chicken/rib mix (I know, I know...if it's any consolation I didn't eat all of it LOL)
Yes I guess it does. "Diet controlled" just means that you are achieving good levels without D drugs :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

A compromise would be to ditch one of the toasts and pad the meal out with veg...mushrooms, tomatoes or whatever goes with toast.

suehatton

A compromise would be to ditch one of the toasts and pad the meal out with veg...mushrooms, tomatoes or whatever goes with toast.
Tomatoes I think. Sometimes 2 is too much anyway, its just a bad habit. Or alternatively, the small slices from the 400g loaf are a lot less, and you still feel like youre having 2 toast. Only problem is its not widely available I find.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the test on Monday. I still need to get my results but can only get them off GP who only works three days a week and I've been tied up every day he's been in.. They changed system to be more convenient but it seems so convoluted now as you have to phone to go on his call list and he calls you when he can which isn't exactly at my convenience. This is how we now have to make an appointment too so I won't be going any time soon.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Tomatoes I think. Sometimes 2 is too much anyway, its just a bad habit. Or alternatively, the small slices from the 400g loaf are a lot less, and you still feel like youre having 2 toast. Only problem is its not widely available I find.

What do you have the toast with? What's the meal? *is nosey*

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Good luck with the test on Monday. I still need to get my results but can only get them off GP who only works three days a week and I've been tied up every day he's been in.. They changed system to be more convenient but it seems so convoluted now as you have to phone to go on his call list and he calls you when he can which isn't exactly at my convenience. This is how we now have to make an appointment too so I won't be going any time soon.
Clear as mud lol.

I am not worried about the hba1c, but my BP is a bit hit and miss.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All this talk of toast.... I can't have any. Bread made me ill long before diabetes came along so I should really be grateful for the incentive to stay off it for good, but I really could kill for a slice of pappy white extra thick warburton's toastie loaf right now.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Clear as mud lol.

I am not worried about the hba1c, but my BP is a bit hit and miss.

Try and relax - says she who's last known BP in surgery was 180/80 and taken yesterday at home was 114/64. I think I have white wardrobe syndrome! They should take three readings to try and give it chance to settle so ask for that if it is up.

suehatton

Always breakfast. Sometimes just toast, usually egg or bacon. Last week when it was last few days before pay day so I had to use what was left in the fridge, I ditched the breakfast toast and took a tuna sarnie to work. But 99% breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.