What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[ QUOTE="Andrew Colvin, post: 603640, member: 96315"]Chocolate Ice cream...

250g dark choc
4 egg yokes
300ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp whiskey
60g butter (unsalted)

melt choc and then stir in yokes
cream butter and mix into choc
whisk cream until stiff add whiskey and vanilla ess
fold cream into choc mix

line loaf tin with cling film or use individual ramekins
pour mixture in and freeze (about 6 to 8 hours) in an air tight container or bag
No need to stir during freezing process

Depending on choc content can be quite bitter.

Serve however you want

You can also add crushed hazelnuts (replace the whiskey with ameretto) ....[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm back after rebellion.

Eggs and bacon
Cream and melted choc with chopped nuts
Mc d double cheeseburger no bun
Coffee

I'm off to polish my halo...;)

BG has been awful so sinning is not an option as body clearly can't take carbs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just noticed this LOL "wardrobe!" Is that a very severe case of white coat syndrome? :hilarious:

I have that a bit so now take in my home BP monitor and nursie takes an average of my readings. No point taking my reading in the surgery as steam starts coming out of the machine :oops:

Yes that's what I meant.. in the surgery the GP has to resort to the old fashioned machine as the new fangled Omron things just give up. 180/80 last time which isn't worst I've seen as was 192/66 in A and E one night. Doing it myself it seems to be about 128/68 which I can live with. Just got to persuade him that he can.

suehatton

[ QUOTE="Andrew Colvin, post: 603640, member: 96315"]Chocolate Ice cream...

250g dark choc
4 egg yokes
300ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp whiskey
60g butter (unsalted)

melt choc and then stir in yokes
cream butter and mix into choc
whisk cream until stiff add whiskey and vanilla ess
fold cream into choc mix

line loaf tin with cling film or use individual ramekins
pour mixture in and freeze (about 6 to 8 hours) in an air tight container or bag
No need to stir during freezing process

Depending on choc content can be quite bitter.

Serve however you want

You can also add crushed hazelnuts (replace the whiskey with ameretto) ....

Ok I'm back after rebellion.

Eggs and bacon
Cream and melted choc with chopped nuts
Mc d double cheeseburger no bun
Coffee

I'm off to polish my halo...;)

BG has been awful so sinning is not an option as body clearly can't take carbs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.[/QUOTE]

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast turkey rashers , scrambled egg
Lunch Ham salad
Dinner roast lamb, carrots, cauli cheese, green beans, bit of onion gravy

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast- bacon and 3 hotdog sausage (0.7Gm carbs each)
Lunch - scratchings and cheddar
Dinner - cod in butter sauce (5gm carbs)
Strawberries, cream, 1square 90% dark choc (2gm carbs)
Really low today!!

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have eaten in a restaurant this evening and found it easier than expected. I had a prawn cocktail followed by a sirloin steak with Dianne sauce, garluc mushrooms and salad. It was delicious. I thought there was possibly a little cornflour in the sauce but as it was made with cream and mushrooms it must have been very little.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back on track today.

Brekkie: scram eggs and bacon, coffee with cream

Lunch/snack: pork scratchings

Evening: chicken mini fillets with melted Brie on top, with asparagus, butter, strawberries (a lot) and cream.

Kept the fat up, and no cravings. Wonderful.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Supper last night was a fairly prolonged series of snacks, including mini frankfurters, agar strawberry jelly with a dollop of cream, an almond cookie, chocolate coconut oil "snowball" and a piece of Green & Blacks 85% dark chocolate - I just kept on being hungry in spite of trying to find some slightly fatty things to scoff! Agar is supposed to be fibrous and therefore filling but my tum was denying this...

So far today, a very lateish lunch/afternoon snack - I was very tired last night and went to bed early (for me) and didn't wake up till nearly 2pm. I had 1 1/2 greengages in Greek yoghurt, with a sprinkle of pine nuts and two little almond cookies, with a glass of Highland spring sparkling elderflower water. Dinner was two tiny pieces of avocado followed by a gorgeous steak with a cream, mushroom and tomato sauce, and broccoli. Pud was an apricot with more pine nuts and clotted cream, and orange crush herb tea.

My husband got the greengages and apricots at a (fairly) local fruit farm; he'd taken the dogs out for a walk on the downs, and passed it on the way home - he was l actually looking for gooseberries for me. And I've been :( denying myself :( the greengages all week as I thought I ought really not to be eating them.

Glucose levels were rather weird: woke up with a reading of 6.5, which zoomed up to 7.5 later when I tested just before I ate; tested at 1 hour as I thought greengages might be classed as evil, and level was 8.6, then was back down to 6.8 after 2 hours. Pre-dinner reading was 6.3 and 2 hours after was back almost at pre-dinner level to 6.7. Again I thought apricot was also a potential evil but not so! I keep thinking I should know by now what to expect, but then suddenly everything changes...

Completely befuddled, Robbity

[REDACTED]

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
[REDACTED]
07.12 AM nothing yet... *SIGH* Just a cuppa coffee

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Honeys, I'm home! Back from the diabetes clinic.

Weight down, PB ok, keeping met the same, hba1c blood taken and (after begging) blood taken for B12 check. Funny how they just accept good results and are not interested in how they are achieved. While nurse was out for ages asking the doc if I could have B12 checked, I was reading the hba1c conversion chart on the wall. It starts at 37. My ambition now is to one day be 36 so I can claim to be "off the chart!" as I am usually off charts in a bad way :dead:

I installed my fitness pal yesterday to check my diet as, until now, I have just been winging it. My goals are 15% 45g carb, 20% 60g protein, 65% 87g fat, 1200 cals. I hope that is ok. Carb goal a bit higher than most, but a lot of my protein sources also contain carbs (eg pulses, quorn). Yesterday I had 42g of carbs. Will keep an eye on it and try to avoid becoming obsessed :nailbiting:

Reactions: 13 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to get my B12 checked as well as I've got fibromyalgia and it has a role to play in that and since going on the met I've had a few more flares than usual. I may just get a supplement as I don't think it does any harm at the sort of levels in the shop bought products.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Honeys, I'm home! Back from the diabetes clinic.

Weight down, PB ok, keeping met the same, hba1c blood taken and (after begging) blood taken for B12 check. Funny how they just accept good results and are not interested in how they are achieved. While nurse was out for ages asking the doc if I could have B12 checked, I was reading the hba1c conversion chart on the wall. It starts at 37. My ambition now is to one day be 36 so I can claim to be "off the chart!" as I am usually off charts in a bad way :dead:

I installed my fitness pal yesterday to check my diet as, until now, I have just been winging it. My goals are 15% 45g carb, 20% 60g protein, 65% 87g fat, 1200 cals. I hope that is ok. Carb goal a bit higher than most, but a lot of my protein sources also contain carbs (eg pulses, quorn). Yesterday I had 42g of carbs. Will keep an eye on it and try to avoid becoming obsessed :nailbiting:

Fab news. Sooo pleased for you!
Did you have a good time?

And I agree about the my fitness pal goals.

I trough protein like there's no tomorrow (it turns out that the protein level I have set, as a carnivore, has an astonishing amount of meat in it). I used to eat a fairly low protein diet, because of all the kidney info, and my wistful preference for not eating too many of my fellow creatures. But my body doesn't like that idea.
And since the choice is basically protein, fat or carbs, you have to find it somewhere, don't you?

My current % goals are quite similar to yours
5% carbs (it won't let me set it at 8%) but I aim at 40g or less
20% protein
75% fat
Don't really take much notice of cals, because my body chooses its own level (usually between 1,900 and 2,800, with the average about 2,300). Much less than 2,000 and I start chewing furniture (wood fibre is carby, isn't it?)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I need to get my B12 checked as well as I've got fibromyalgia and it has a role to play in that and since going on the met I've had a few more flares than usual. I may just get a supplement as I don't think it does any harm at the sort of levels in the shop bought products.
I take a multivitamin, but want to keep an eye on my B12 too due to taking metformin while being a cereal dodging vegetarian with pernicious anaemia in the family. I don't feel deficient, but I want my levels checked now so that they can be compared in future years for a decline.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Fab news. Sooo pleased for you!
Did you have a good time?

And I agree about the my fitness pal goals.

I trough protein like there's no tomorrow (it turns out that the protein level I have set, as a carnivore, has an astonishing amount of meat in it). I used to eat a fairly low protein diet, because of all the kidney info, and my wistful preference for not eating too many of my fellow creatures. But my body doesn't like that idea.
And since the choice is basically protein, fat or carbs, you have to find it somewhere, don't you?

My current % goals are quite similar to yours
5% carbs (it won't let me set it at 8%) but I aim at 40g or less
20% protein
75% fat
Don't really take much notice of cals, because my body chooses its own level (usually between 1,900 and 2,800, with the average about 2,300). Much less than 2,000 and I start chewing furniture (wood fibre is carby, isn't it?)
I missed most of my targets yesterday. Early days. Not worried about missing my fat target as long as I have energy and am not hungry. Only hit 36/60g of protein though which is a bit rubbish.

The clinic was great fun thanks lol. Don't need to go back now until February 2015.

suehatton

HBA1C today. First one since starting low carb this time. Last one was 60 and the doc had his hand on the insulin until I persuaded him to let me try and get it down myself. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
HBA1C today. First one since starting low carb this time. Last one was 60 and the doc had his hand on the insulin until I persuaded him to let me try and get it down myself. Fingers crossed.
Hope it goes well.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Exciting. Be sure to let us nosey folk know how you get on :)

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Brunneria or anyone else...help! I have just been looking again at MFP (not obsessed honest lol) and notice that my carbs yesterday were "total carbs 42g, dietary fiber 12g". Fiber spelled the USA way. Does this mean that I actually had 30g net carbs? :confused:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take a multivitamin, but want to keep an eye on my B12 too due to taking metformin while being a cereal dodging vegetarian with pernicious anaemia in the family. I don't feel deficient, but I want my levels checked now so that they can be compared in future years for a decline.

Yes worth checking as my friend who was a veggie ended up very deficient as I think she was a very poor absorber of it all round. Apparently it declines naturally as you head towards 50 and over so it is worth keeping an eye on it. I eat a lot of high sources of it but I know that it can be a problem on the metformin and with fibromyalgia. Having mackerel for lunch as apparently that is a great source of it. Probably not best thing to eat if going into town later as I like it but it doesn't always like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.