Status
Not open for further replies.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast: home made low carb granola with Greek yoghurt and raspberries

Lunch: two sausages and a salt and pepper chicken leg...was out and about!

Dinner: I picked up a reduced beef joint from Tesco (£3 for 1/2 kilo) and had it with broccoli, carrot and Brussel Sprouts.

Pudding: 85% dark chocolate...and a bottle of Montepulciano :wacky:

Reactions: 2 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always impressed with your photos, Robert. My meals never look as good as yours!
Well they sound tasty enough - that's what counts :hungry: Was that a whole bottle or did you share? ;)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well they sound tasty enough - that's what counts :hungry: Was that a whole bottle or did you share? ;)
To myself! I don't drink in the week, I save it for the weekend! I usually share a bottle (or two) with my girlfriend, but she's away for the weekend, so I had a treat of uninterrupted rugby with a bottle of wine. My favourite wines are Tempranillo, Grenache, Rioja, Montepulciano, Shiraz, Pinotage, Pouilly Fume, Sancerre, Chablis, Marlborough Sauvignon, an oaked Chardonnay and the odd fizzy dry white...obviously not all at once, we (I) rotate each weekend!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well then cheers - I'm enjoying some of this :joyful:

Rioja-CaminoDelMonte.JPG

Reactions: 4 people

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SamJB, what so you put in your granola? Tesco have stopped doing my one. And I knew what it did to my bg's. grrrr!
I must find a cheaper supplier of nuts.
Does anyone else but in bulk? So they last?

Yesterday I had the same brekkie and lunch as always. Then cauli, cabbage, sprouts and bacon all muxed and fried (naughty) with cheese and nuts on the top. It was lovely. Everyone else had McDonalds and I didn't feel deprived :)
Then later the kids had ice cream with sprinkles, chocolate, bananas and strawberries. So I had a tiny bit of 85% choc, yogurt and strawberries. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't eaten anything today - have started fasting to see what effect it's going to have on my BG :cool:

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 egg cheese omelette so far yum yum. Going to my son's for dinner at 3 seen as its mothers day. No carbs though :)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
SamJB, what so you put in your granola? Tesco have stopped doing my one. And I knew what it did to my bg's. grrrr!
I must find a cheaper supplier of nuts.
Does anyone else but in bulk? So they last?

Yesterday I had the same brekkie and lunch as always. Then cauli, cabbage, sprouts and bacon all muxed and fried (naughty) with cheese and nuts on the top. It was lovely. Everyone else had McDonalds and I didn't feel deprived :)
Then later the kids had ice cream with sprinkles, chocolate, bananas and strawberries. So I had a tiny bit of 85% choc, yogurt and strawberries. :)
I get a couple of packets of mixed nuts, a packet of mixed seeds and grind them up in a food processor. I mix them with some milled linseed and some desicated coconut, then roast in the oven for 30 mins. I have it with some raspberries and yoghurt.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Lunch: What? It's Mother's Day! :p

LCHF almond flour cakes with a cream cheese and chambord raspberry topping.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually we go out for Sunday lunch but as it's Mother's Day and everyone else is at our favourite places we stayed in and I cooked. So breakfast:

Strawberries, yoghurt.

11g carb for breakfast.

Lunch:

Leg of lamb raan, coriander mixed salad in olive oil and lemon dressing, coleslaw in yoghurt mayonnaise lemon dressing. Sugar-free brandy&ginger chocolate ice-cream. Bottle of Chablis between two of us. I know it should be red wine, but unoaked chardonnay is my fave and I was cooking so my choice!

20g carb for lunch.

Zonked now, so don't know what tea will be.

Smidge

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Haven't eaten anything today - have started fasting to see what effect it's going to have on my BG :cool:
Are you doing the 5:2 diet? I'm interested in it but wondered if it would be safe for t2 diabetics?

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Don't know what happened there, I thought I was replying to a post saying they were fasting today from Australia? HAHa!

I've had 2 slices of homemade peach and blueberry cream flan and 2 poached eggs on 2 weight watchers wholemeal toasts for breckie. I can't think of dieting too much today, it's Mother's day and my kids have been visiting and I'm trying not to think about tomorrow so the face full of cream flan has done the trick. what it's done to my BS quite frankly, I'm not bothered. Into the breach......

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you doing the 5:2 diet? I'm interested in it but wondered if it would be safe for t2 diabetics?
Not exactly the 5:2 diet, I'm trying the recommendations of Dr Jason Fung for Type 2's - you can search at Youtube for his video series on Insulin Toxicity and the Aetiology of Obesity. His lecture notes can be found at:
http://kidneylifescience.ca/general...ulin-hypothesis-is-wrong-hormonal-obesity-vi/

Not something I would undertake on my own if I was on any medication, but since I'm diet only, I thought I'd give it a try. 36 hours fasting so far and not a problem which came as a bit of a shock really. I've been LCHF for about 18 months so am probably pretty well keto adapted so not getting any weird effects so far. I'll probably eat when I reach 48 hours - will depend on how I feel later today.

I was thinking of the Newcastle Diet until I found these videos - but diet shakes aren't really feasible for me (very dodgy digestion) and counting calories is a drag - so complete fasting is a lot simpler in many ways.

The fasting isn't about weight loss for me - though losing a few extra pounds would be great - more about trying to reset my glucose/insulin metabolism.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Not exactly the 5:2 diet, I'm trying the recommendations of Dr Jason Fung for Type 2's - you can search at Youtube for his video series on Insulin Toxicity and the Aetiology of Obesity. His lecture notes can be found at:
http://kidneylifescience.ca/general...ulin-hypothesis-is-wrong-hormonal-obesity-vi/

Not something I would undertake on my own if I was on any medication, but since I'm diet only, I thought I'd give it a try. 36 hours fasting so far and not a problem which came as a bit of a shock really. I've been LCHF for about 18 months so am probably pretty well keto adapted so not getting any weird effects so far. I'll probably eat when I reach 48 hours - will depend on how I feel later today.

I was thinking of the Newcastle Diet until I found these videos - but diet shakes aren't really feasible for me (very dodgy digestion) and counting calories is a drag - so complete fasting is a lot simpler in many ways.

The fasting isn't about weight loss for me - though losing a few extra pounds would be great - more about trying to reset my glucose/insulin metabolism.
Hope it is going well for you, Indy :)

I tried the 5:2 last summer. Felt fantastic during the day, but was too hungry to sleep at night. With hindsight, I was probably already diabetic hence the great feeling on my fasting/low carb days.

Today I am using up stuff from the fridge so will probably have something odd for dinner.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it is going well for you, Indy :)

I tried the 5:2 last summer. Felt fantastic during the day, but was too hungry to sleep at night. With hindsight, I was probably already diabetic hence the great feeling on my fasting/low carb days.

Today I am using up stuff from the fridge so will probably have something odd for dinner.
Survived the first 39 hour fast pretty well, until the last hour or so - I think there might be something to Fung's 36 hour recommendation. Had a normal eating day today and depending on how I feel in the morning will see if I can continue for another 24 hours. I was surprised by how easy it was. I took my BG at odd intervals and seemed to be a few liver dumps going on. Would be interesting to have a CGM to plot the whole cycle.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, 2 leftover sausages (97% meat) from last night's supper and a cup of tea.
Elevenses, 4 squares 70% cocoa with orange and almond, from Lidls. Or was it Aldi?
Lunch, veg soup and vanilla protein shake ( a cop out cos of work)
3.30 snack, more choc. :smug:
Dinner, beef burger with crumbled Stilton on top, no bun, broccoli, mange touts and peas
Plus a slice of almond flour cake spread with cream cheese, blueberries and strawberries on top.

Plus 3 herb teas and an effervescent Sambucol tab drink

I feel very, very well fed.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Day 3 of eating random fridge leftovers curry. It's all finished now yay! :joyful:

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: cherry veg jelly, fage yogurt, raspberries, creamy decaf

Dinner: random fridge leftovers curry, cauliflower "couscous", grilled haloumi

Snack: too many peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.