What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up & Down all week, no more palpitations which has been a relief, I put that down to stress mainly, my poor misses just diagnosed with an uncommon mouth cancer and we've spent past 3 weeks back and forth to hospital for umpteenth scans and MRI's, but due to have all cut out on Thursday, NHS have been brilliant!!!
Thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated :)

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
D som tam & a small cheeky cheesecake (to celebrate a quick appointment)

No wonder you feel stressed. Wishing her a full and speedy recovery xx

Reactions: 8 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up & Down all week, no more palpitations which has been a relief, I put that down to stress mainly, my poor misses just diagnosed with an uncommon mouth cancer and we've spent past 3 weeks back and forth to hospital for umpteenth scans and MRI's, but due to have all cut out on Thursday, NHS have been brilliant!!!

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
Hope all goes well, thinking of you x

Janiept

Expert

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
Sorry to hear that and it must be a very difficult time for you both. Thoughts with you both and please let us know how she is.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Full fat Greek yoghurt with raspberries and a few fresh pomegranate seeds, flaked almonds and flaxseed . :p to the stooopid dietician
L - Whole avocado, crumbled stilton, pine nuts, cherry toms, on a bed of lettuce
D - Homemade chilli on a large bed of spinach and courgette ribbons and a dollop of soured cream. BS +2 = 6.9

3 x creamy coffees throughout the day and one square of Lindt 95%

None of the stooopid dieticians Ryvita, basmati rice or porridge, therefore no BS over 7 all day :p

Reactions: 11 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@pavlovsdog you had me lol for real with your comment... I remember once being so desperate for chocolate one night, that I pinched all the chocolate drops out of my housemates bag of dried fruit , nut & chocolate...luckily for me he didn't notice until the end, and when he mentioned it I said there must have been an issue at the factory lol - a few months later in a drunken haze I admitted my theft - 20 years on he still brings it up and embarrasses me when he tells the story at get togethers. Luckily since starting the LCHF diet i no longer crave chocolate, but have swapped my chocolate addition for a nut addiction .... :)

That will teach you for confessing! I don't miss choc if I don't have any in the house, but I always hear the call if it's in the cupboard :)

I have developed a bit of a extra double cream addiction now unfortunately :-/

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: yoghurt cream and raspberries and coffee with cream
L: salad mixed ham and cheese
D: cream raspberries and yoghurt with a spoonful of flaxseeds with cocoa and raspberries
Snack: 2 eat natural bars which has unfortunately pushed my calorie intake over limit, grrrr!

Reactions: 6 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My half chip butty became a whole one but 2 hrs after 7.5!

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: bacon and mushroom
D: soft cheese wrapped in wafer thin ham
T: birds eye chicken grill, a very small amount of fried potatoes, green beans. :)

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast and lunch ditto yesterday
Tea - slices of chopped ham and pork cooked in oven, cabbage and a half pkt cheese & broccoli risotto with extra broccoli. BS at 2.5 hrs 7.5. Delayed half sugar free orange milk choc bar until I'd dropped back to 5 another hour later...oh, some salted popcorn during the day...

Reactions: 2 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I definitely want one now.
(Off topic) Do you still have the left (or is it right) hook driving trick in Melbourne?

Funnily enough MIL was telling me about these just yesterday. Yes there are still some, mainly in the city. We were talking about them as part of a conversation about how I didn't feel confident driving in Aus as I didn't know the road rules, and MIL said they were almost the same as those in the UK as they'd driven in the UK, but as I pointed out, as they'd never actually looked up the UK road rules they'd never know where the differences are.

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
escargot.jpg

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi Susikav, my problem with the dark chocolate is that I do find it difficult to eat it in any kind of moderation if i have a bar in the house. I could quite easily put away the whole bar. Whereas if I don't have any around then I don't wish I had any and I (finally) am not craving sweet things after meals. But you make a good point about denying ourselves a lot - I won't feel too bad about it in future. I have after all avoided all the other numerous types of chocolate in my inlaws' house! (We're staying here at the moment).

Talking of chocolate someone up thread mentioned the Moser Roth - I love that chocolate! Plus it is in conveniently wrapped portions.
What's Moser Roth? Is it black? I sometimes get overwhelmed with need and mix cacao powder with sweetener, butter and cream, heat slowly, stirring, sometimes add chopped hazelnuts and/or almonds, let it cool, put it in the fridge and then eat it when I want to! It's not much different to my hot chocolate I make but it's nice to have 'milk chocolate' sometimes... :)

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
That's the same as me if chocolate is in the house I'll eat it. But if it's not i don't bother about it. I prefer milk chocolate too. Sometimes i think I'm still addicted to sugar because I'll search the cupboards for anything sweet. I wish it didn't bother me.
You are never alone m'dear... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Funny old world. I suffered (along with my family) from one addiction for a decade but never have I wanted more than one chocolate at a time, or seen the attraction of gambling come to that. You'd think an addictive trait would involve everything but it doesn't at all.
Thank goodness... :) We'd all be in deep trouble then...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
So sorry to hear your news... I will light a candle for your wife later... much luck for Thursday...

Status
Not open for further replies.